Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another day in 'Paradise'

Today being the day I am the sole teacher, then got misadventure. Classroom has no lights nor aircon. Ran down to get repair crew to rectify. Next is another class the room key is missing. Then had to combine classes and I taught. Not easy to maintain when some are out-right too lazy to participate. Also have to keep raising my voice for the boys from the other class who are quite bo chap. The next class went quite alright but a couple didnt participate as in didnt even raise their mechanical pencil? Dunno is lost in translation or just downright cant be bothered. The last class is also combined but didnt really do much with them. My collegue took over.

Next week hopefully, dont have to combine... not that easy to manage with a bigger class size. Also up until now, still cant remember all the names yet. Some I remember the surname, some I remember the name... so hard for me.
_____________________________________

Stock market is like not chionging up, staying around there, maybe due to profit taking. Hope it will rise more. This week I will take special care to monitor. Wanna sell off some when the price is right.
_____________________________________

Today is another cleaning duty supervision. Dont know why, but I kept ending up having to dirty my own hands. Esp got those who know how to 'chao keng', so when they see, I help them do a little bit, they will do with some coaxing. Not perfectly, but I am not asking for much. Just do a decent job will do. Then now I am back to stoning infront of the laptop. Havent been doing that much of stoning cos of time spent online looking for lesson materials or even games to play.
_____________________________________

Tonight is Jap class. Should be coming to an end soon.

Hope the jap school holidays come faster. The first term is soooooo loooonnnnnngggggg. My body which is tuned to local calendar is reaching the limit in terms of falling sick. I have been working without mc for 12 weeks. Students had lessons for 11 weeks cos 1 week was during the 'school holidays' but I had to report for work and did stuff like moving tables and chairs, helping to allocate subject books etc etc.

There's still 5 more weeks after this week to go before the term ends. Its damn long. 16 weeks for students, 17-18 weeks for staff. They really have good endurance for such long a long term. My body is starting to like showing signs of slowing down, badly needed a rest. I will try to manage and rest as much as I can especially on weekends.

Now I have free time up until I knock off. Its a pity not to try to do something work-related but its just too much jin sheng taken up by the lessons, on top of the duty, and short lunch. Phew... go to walk around and hide a bit. The staffroom is just too open at the moment.

No comments: