Friday, June 04, 2010

The Johnson's Melt Away Stress Promise

Picked up this flyer that was dangling from the bus handles yesterday, while I was on my way home to see the doctor.

'I promise to do at least one or two of these things for myself everyday',

1) I will talk my problems out with friends and family (aka the kbkb about work things we do)

2) I will not skip my workout - exercise creates happy endorphins (the feel-goood effect from exercise)

3)I will relax in the shower, not just wash (hopefully dont hog the toilet too long)

4) I will smile more (something I have been trying to do esp at work so as not to scare pple off but not sure if effective)

5) I will not spread myself too thin (maybe I should rest without doing JLPT this year)

6) I will learn to accept what I cannot change (ya dont be so hard on my own flaws but not so for the weight I put on)

7) I will ask for help when I need it (tatsukete)

8) I will breathe deeply and visualize calm (usually already quite calm, do somemore can fall asleep)

9) I will not be ruled by my to-do-list (does that make my 100 things to do redundunct?)

10) I will not be perfect, or even try to be (what ever happened to giving your best?)

11) I will not think about work when outside my work (dont think about whenever I take off the name card)

12) I will not constantly worry about what others think of me (since when do I give a damn?)

13) I will learn to say "no" (Hmm no to cigarettes yes, but no to having to do work, can I say a straight 'no'?)

14) I will schedule time for myself (Yes that time I use for gym to clear the mind and work the body)

15) I will take up a relaxing new hobby (hmm what is relaxing? Spa or massage?)

K those in bold are not my counter-arguments against NOT doing anything to de-steass. Think work does give one stress especially those that interact with others. This week hasnt been great, partly is that fact I am sickly, partly is certain attitudes that I've encountered both from some students and a collegue that is a big disheartening especially to the still sickly me. So I think I need a break to chill, relax a bit and then get it together with the stress and unhappiness out of the system for a new week ahead.

Glad that there isnt guitar, dunno if still heading to JB? If not, after assignment, head home to sleep.

No comments: