Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Quiet Weekend

Today rushed down for guitar and was 1/2hr late cos left assignment late, missed bus then take mrt have to do 2 changes. Lagi tired when I arrived. Lucky draw pick and the song I am to do out of the 5 is "Love Me", the easiest but need to play closer to the song which is faster. The other for chord melody, I decided to choose "人质"cos though there are easy chord melodies, I like this song more than the easy ones. Some might call it 不知量力" or "digging one's own grave" but I rather choose a song I like than one that I have no feeling for even if it's easy. K later better practice.

I headed to Po Mo to eat lunch and ate at the Korean food stall this time. The Korean non-spicy soup with rice set is nice. Cos the weather was rainy at my assignment area then freaking hot and sunny at guitar venue. Decided to eat something more filling instead of mee pok and soupy. Then took a bus home so that can get to sit down and rest, which is non-existent in bloody packed mrt nowadays. Feel more tired after a whole journey of keeping the balance, jostling with passengers moving around, boarding and unboarding, kids crying and mis-behaving cos it's the school holidays, loud conversations, lovers hugging and behaving intimately beside you though sometimes feel like puking... A long bus ride is just more simple sometimes. Really fell asleep on the bus and then woke up and got down. I was contemplating whether to go to gym around 6pm, cos no SMS of any meet-up. Had a deep sleep from 4.30 until I heard the alarm. Decided not to go cos still tired and felt a bit of aches from yesterday's workout. Think I shall just relax a bit more and just practice guitar.

Incidentally I was talking with another local collegue, to make it easier to understand, there's just 3 of us who are locals at least for the taching staff. She teach home Ed and I mentioned about alcohol. She said it's a no-no cos the calories for alcohol is almost equivalent to drinking the same amount in oil... Gross!! I knew that alcohol is laden with lots of calories but her comparison puts this into good perspective indeed. I shall re-consider the next time I decide to drink. So as little desserts and alcohol, also limit my lunch a bit.

This week been eating a bit too good lunch with other local collegue at West Coast Cafe. ate set and also curry fish head. No wonder by Fri I felt fat and guilty. Went to weigh myself at night, 67.8kg! Went to gym that evening. Then today and weighed myself after morning routine, 67.2kg. Phew, not much damage. Need to go gym 3rd time this week tomorrow and eat simplier meals for the weekends and next week. K more plain crackers and oolong tea.

Though weight loss has plateued but as mentioned, I didn't gain over a few days but over aperiod of 2 years so the same to be expected for the weight loss. I am actually fitter than several weeks ago. Why? Cos when I first ran around the school during cca, I could only finish one round and wanted to die. The 2nd time I tried a few weeks later, I could jog 2 rounds but time taken in 15-16mins region, also stopped to catch the breath. On my 3rd try this week, I actually finished 2 rounds in 13.15, and no stopping to catch breath. This wasn't yh best yet cos though I was more conscientious but still not serious enough to do dashes. So though weight loss is not there yet, think I can afford to be more patient and just continue with the routine dilligently, minimum twice and if like this weekend, where really nobody jio go out, go do more productive and go workout and practice guitar. Even sleep more.

No comments: