Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Mid-week and its a bit too slow

Con'd from where I left off,

During the remaining free time I had, I just checked stocks, driving test slot and also FB and blogged. Then found out that there is a sort of "Local Training" for the teachers. It seems that they are allowed to leave at 3.30pm to go out to 'explore' Singapore and find anything in local culture that they want to learn about. Some are going to the mueseums, some going to bookstores??? Me, being very localized indeed, I was tempted to 'go explore my bed' but later a local collegue told me to be non-incriminatory by rephrasing into "Exploring the lack of sleep on young working mother" like hers for example.

Ok, so mine is to "Explore the effects of the lack of guitar practice on the upcoming guitar evaluation". I headed home and reached home near 4pm. Went straight to bed cos it was an intense day, felt tired. Slept and slept. Woke up briefly near 5.30-6pm but decided to skip Jap lesson cos rest and guitar is more important. So slept some more until 8.30pm plus and ate dinner. Then practiced guitar. Moved from 3rd to 4th song, practiced one song for chord melody and the current song we are doing. Later felt too energetic, couldnt sleep until 2am... Too much of sleep is also not good, it seems.
_____________________________________________

Phew... I've gotten next Tuesday freed up cos asked assignment to postpone to the following week. So that on next Tuesday, I can have a free day to practice guitar... Last night, by the time I reached home, it was already near eleven. Then felt hungry inspite of eating dinner before, ate cup noodles with dishes. Had chillled Pear in Syrup too. Err that meant I couldnt sleep immediately. Tried to stay up a bit more for digestion but fell asleep about 1am...

Woke up, today is the day of the week, where I have to be the sole teacher of the class. Yesterday, me and other collegue rushed out a card game for the sec 2. Then she bought some small packs of smarties as reward for winning the game. Gave 1 to the winner of Bingo at Sec 3 too (ONLY found out later from our head, that the school does not have such policy of giving tibits as reward. Maybe stationary can so, for future games, we shall tread more carefully and give occasional prizes for such games) No wonder students were SO happy to get chocolate even if its small box of it.

Strange is that at the class, their teachers would walk in, I guess to supervise and make sure they are behaving before they leave. Had another unexpected visitors, aka the school leaders, just walked in... I saw them but didnt offer to pass to them a copy of the worksheet... printed just nice numbers. But my policy is that IF they want to see, they can see, I shall just continue as normal. They stayed for a while and then walked around then left... Didnt entertain them.

Then the good thing is that the card game proceeded smoothly at least for all the groups in my class. Though they were unsure which style of game play it was, either you choose or you just pick a card type. But after going to all the groups quickly and explaining and letting them try out. Most caught on. My other collegue said that hers didnt go that smoothly cos 1 group of boys werent doing it well. Another collegue hasnt tried the game yet. The problem is that all our classes run concurrently as a level, so to cater to the whole level, would need about 11 sets of the cards, this time we made 10, so just nice. Next one would have to be more or less depening on the number of students per level. The tiring part actually comes from laminating and cutting up the cards. Those cutting, with 1 single paper cutter takes a while to make 10 sets. So we decided in a week, at most one special type of game.

After that we were ultra-stoned. I am already in zoning-out mode. Then have a meeting to discuss how the lesson was, and help decide roughly what is to be done for the next week's lesson. Then tomorrow, I would start doing up stuff needed for next week's lesson. This week has just been, just-in-time cos I was rather sickly last thur, fri and this monday, I tio a full day of relief of lessons. So yesterday used most of our free periods to do. The good thing is that I dont do OT. I just use free periods to do. Partly I rather do this to keep busy then just keep surfing internet for hours.

Then both of us tio cleaning supervision duty... A collegue resigned and then not enough teachers to supervise the cleaning. They catch me a full-time to do it and my part-time collegues also tio. So that meant instead of going out for a slightly longer lunch to refresh after lesson, we had to stay-in to eat our meal in 15-20 mins. So my part-time collegue is grousing about it cos only today, early in the morning, then inform her about it. She hadnt bought her lunch while I dabaoed mine, cos I was informed last week. So we ate cup noodles, and shared the Egg and Plain prata I dabaoed for lunch. Quite filling, so now quite stoned. The cleaning duty... dunno why I end up having to help them do parts of it eg find cloth and wring it dry. 2 boys were fooling around a bit, have to move here and there. Think they have too good life, dont do that much. The girls were more well-behaved and did their share. So after 15mins, sent them off, I went to wash my hands and now stone at computer.

Still havent done stocks checking, driving centre test date etc etc. Will do that gradually. Tonight solo for Jap, then go home die die practice guitar. Bo bian. Hope this week will end faster... faster....

No comments: