Monday, June 07, 2010

Sudden Relief

Again I seemed to have neglected guitar a bit. Only practiced once last week, this week havent touched it yet. I am quite tired today, just came back from gym, bathed and eaten. Kinda stoned. How? Hmm think tomorrow or Wed, come home and practice after assignment and Jap class respectively... This week have lesson, then next week is evaluation... still on 3rd song of 5 and also the chord melody of one plus new song we were learning.... a bit too much.

Today didnt start off that well. Last week, I was a bit down cos at work encountered certain attitude from students in a class and also a rather sharp attitude from a collegue. So those happened on Thur and Fri, but after clarifying with the collegue by chatting more... making small talk, hope that wont happen again. So the weekend was cool, Fri met up the rest with FH and left scarred with his pot joke, Sat headed to JB, had good food and alright massage, Sun had Astons and went to gym. So feeling better.

Then today, when I just reached workplace, immediately told that one of the Eng teacher is absent, nobody can cover (to be fair, their workload are heavier cos one resigned and the extra load got spread around but still they dont have the notion of combining classes) so, given I was to go into those classes today mainly with the absent teacher, I was asked to teach. To be fair to them, they did get ready the WS, I just have to be the teacher for the day and instruct, let them do, go through and answer queries and continue. There was quite a few stacks of ws. Thankfully mainly Sec 1 classes and the sole Sec 3 class was the good behaviour class, managed to pull it off. But I had a rather hectic schedule, 5 periods. Luckily my periods come in sets of 2s, cos of lunch and the sole free period. So that made it more manageable. But still talk about last minute relief. Hope the rest dont fall ill so easily. I dont want to go in tomorrow to find out that another round.... The language is still a barrier. Though I have learnt but cant speak in proper sentences to explain grammar etc.

There seems to be a flu bug making its round at the office. I wasnt the first to fall ill. In fact some teachers had fallen ill, absent, then later wear mask, go back earlier. I caught the chill last Tue, by Wed body is like half-winning, half-losing the viral infection, by Thur, I asked to go back earlier after dismissal and skip cca. Had gone to see a doc but doc didnt prescribe anti-biotics but did prescribe medicine for the symptoms that included cough, forming headache and also runny stomach. So after eating the medicine, I headed back to work, feeling better on Fri. Didnt take mc.

Today I was actually back to normal until the weather changed to cloudy and rainy and humid. Then it triggered my cough... Cannot surpress without using a cough drop but given I was to be the relief teacher for the day with 5 periods out of 6, dont have the luxury of a soothing cough drop in mouth, in between periods. Plus classrooms are air-conditioned... lagi worse cos dont bring jacket up to class. So chyoto taihendesune. But survived, just my cough is lagi loud that the VP asked me if I was alright...

Then I spent the bulk of my free period helping out another collegue with regards to accident insurance claim. Previously I had helped to email the relevant parties and gotten the company to admit to the incident but now is insurance vs hospital, with regards to the procedure to go about claiming from other party insurance to pay the hospital. So today, I called up the relevant parties to enquire and clarify certain issues and concern, more follow-up to do in the subsequent weeks. I dont mind helping cos generally I am rather free after dismissal and also I can understand that they need the 'locals' to help them for English related issues and stuff. The Eng teachers are jap themselves, so the command and understanding is not there. The Aussis teachers are foreigners themselves, so also not familiar with local stuff, inspite of the greater command of Eng. So they approach me. Yes, cos my other collegue is part-time, so I am the only other full-time around, so they ask nicely for my help with regards to translating some Jap to Eng, they try to explain the jap words to me in english, and I try to phrase it nicely for them. Then this accident thing came about, so been helping for a few weeks.

Tomorrow have to quickly settle the WS and stuff to teach for Wed lessons where I am the main teacher. Today is too packed and taxing to do. Tomorrow by hook or crook, and also much lesser periods, think is 3-4 so can do inbetween. Hope everyone is Genki tomorrow and I dont have to do sudden relief again.

No comments: