Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Last time I 'game' until so late

Oh Sat, on the return journey back from Downtown East, I opened up this Bar Oasis Lite that I downloaded in my Touch. Actually is a bit of role-playing as a new bartender. The good thing is that it comes with certain recipes, so I dont have to carry my heavy cocktail book next time. Anyway I got hooked and downloaded the full version that I played until quite late on Sat evening.

Sunday was spent also playing until lunch time. Then I dabaoed another Astons Double Up Chicken (which I had promised not to eat again)... but its for brunch, so it was filling indeed. Geoky is still amazed that I can finish the large portion of the Double Up Chicken set. She herself is full after her single chicken. That meant I was quite full up until late evening. Then in the mid afternoon, 3pm, Geoky wanted to got to Vivocity to check out the Awfully Chocolate, after hearing that the chocolate cakes are good but not overly sweet. So pyscho my dad and I had to tag along, though a bit unwilling. The worst part was in the car, with the air-con, I seem to have caught a chill. Just suddenly and gradually, felt tired and sickly. Nose like getting blocked the longer I was into the whole outing. I tell them to walk ahead, while I followed like a mindless zombie behind. Later after very uneventful walking around, we were still empty-handed and Geoky suggested that we go for cake and coffee. We went to Gloria coffee and shared a slice of tiramusu which wasnt that nice. Their sizing for the cups also very small such that we got medium instead of the orignally intended small. Maybe wont want to go there again. That whole outing left me feeling more stoned cos of the chill and also by the time reached home, with food in the stomach, also didnt go for the 3rd session of gym. I had gone last Monday and Friday. So alright, at least kept to twice a week quota. The worst decision for me was to play that Bartender game until the wee hours of Monday morning... 3.30am!!!

Mon - Then I completed the whole game, with both endings and then slept. Only to wake up at 7am, aka 3+ hours of sleep only. Woke up functional but sleepy. Didnt eat breakfast cos was slow-moving than usual. Ironed my clothes and on the way to work, I dabaoed my breakfast which I ate in 20mins just before lesson started. Then again my collegues changed a bit of my schedule, it meant Mon became an additional heavy day, 5 periods. Luckily I am not the main teacher, so I just walk around. Also they were returning their test papers so I had lesser to do than usual. I was trying to be alert so that I can answer any queries. Not that many, just a couple of students asked me why their answers were wrong. The rest mostly kept to themselves and compared results, some gloated, some were arrogant about their scores, some were disappointed they didnt get full marks (still their standard is much lower yet typical of Jap test, same questions are exact duplicates of ws questions or tb passage) but who am I to complain? It also cant be helped that as English is their second language, the depth of exposure to certain vocabulary in many areas are limited. And I have not seen much exposure to other aspects outside what is covered in their tb. Well no wonder, I can score in my own Jap test at the centre where I am studying at. Basically is a lot of memory work, whether its short term memory or long term memory, doesnt matter. Such that even with the holes in my brain theory, I can still pass the test. Speaking of which I have to study this week and next week. Next Sat, have to go and do test cos I have a school dinner on Wed, which is the last lesson and test. Had asked Sensei for a change of date. So that would be next Sat, after guitar lesson and a short lunch. Have to travel down for test.

I survived the long day though I did see one of my collegues sprawled over at his desk, resting. Quite mentally taxing. I already felt it, even more so for them who are carrying out the lesson. Plus dunno what time the collegues work until everyday. I went home and decided to practice guitar after neglecting it for over 2 weeks. So did for about half hour then fingers have dull ache. Slept cos really felt mentally tired after the long day. It was almost 6.30pm then which was the time I had intended to set off for gym. But was too tired, slept on and luckily woke up at 7.30pm. Still can go cos the gym close at 10pm. So headed out and travelled there. I did cut short my routine by skipping the stepper 25mins of workout. Cos I was on an empty stomach, without dinner. If I did the usual of 1.5hrs ++, it would mean a late dinner of near 10pm. So I finished the usual machine, free weights and mat routines and then headed home. Ate dinner about 9pm plus downstairs at the coffeeshop. Went home, bathed, went online a bit. Slept earlier about midnight.

Tue - Still woke up tired today. My collegues who did this type of late nighter thingy to watch World Cup also felt that it takes her several days to recover from one of this. This is the part about growing older I guess. Though I still dont look my age, but things like recovering from a late nighter, certain aches from exercise or lack of warm up for running, reminds me of the fact of growing old.

Snoozed 10mins more. Ironed clothes but didnt eat breakfast. I dabaoed again on the way to work and ate it. Very nice Yam cake and the Noodles/Beehoon. Downed it with Oolong tea. Heard that it helps with digestion and removal of oil from meals esp when drank with the meal. Yesterday's siong day meant that today I very slack in terms of peroids. So in my new schedule, I am quite slack on Tue and Fri. Both only 2 periods. Yet there is only so much things I can do online before things become boring. So I used a bit of the time to clear the final bits of resource making for tomorrow's solo lesson. Then also cleared an adminstrative duty on my part, which is a monthly check of certain special rooms for mosquitoes and defects. At least its not everyday, so once a month for a walkaround to do maintanence check is alright with me.

Still on the agenda for non-work is to monitor stocks, hope for blog and fb updates to read. Work-related would include doing up the next bunch of resources, starting with the search.

No comments: