Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The taste of Chilled Tiramasu - Delicious

Yesterday I had a slice if the tiramisu at Tab's place but from the hour plus journey, it softened and not as chilled. Also the short duration in the fridge. I kept half or six slices for family. They ate last night and all told me nice. Mom and one sis haven't tried yet, cos one came home late, other is vegetarian for the day. I didn't eat anymore after that.

Then today I just came home and dabao porridge. After last week's steamboat, alcoholic konyaku, tiramisu and also cos of watching "The Biggest Loser" while eating dinner and dessert plus garlic nuts at Tab's place. I have the urge to eat vegetables, soupy stuff and go exercise. I skipped gym day yesterday to deliver the 'goods' so I need to make ip for it. The only day is Friday so would go gym on Friday and not going out cos on Sat have jap test after assignment and guitar. Very taxing. Think I won't be in human form after that. Guess I would need to just chill and not think after that. Would be too tired to do so, think anybody in my shoes would.


So I spied that there was still 2.5 slices left, took one after dinner. It's firmer than the one I ate at Tab's place cos it's been in the chiller all these while. One bite and ..... Delicious! I am not trying to praise myself but it's very good! Can taste the alcohol and it's more firm and can taste the layers. Good to the last bite. I was savouring it and took another small slice. Tha meant still got 1.5 slices left. I hadnt really eaten any nice tiramisu in the few times that I ordered and ate outside. So this is definitely good compared to them.

Am going to make one more batch to use up the mascapone cheese and let collegues try this Friday, so use Thur to make, then serve on Fri. Let me try out the method of using tracing paper to line the tin for easy cutting and serving. If that works out, then recipe is considered perfected.

For our next drinking session, I try to make one in advance and bring over but think might need better transport or have to bring over earlier so can have enough time to chill it back to its glory. That might need a few hours sitting in the chiller section of the fridge at least.

I just bought a small bottle of cream and tracing paper for the next try. It might seem a pity to give to collegues to eat but really having 2 tiramisu in 2 weeks might really be too much of a good thing. I have one more slice to eat tomorrow. Seems everybody has eaten 1 slice. Had 6, 5 eaten including me. Left 1 more for me... *sweats* need gym really badly this Friday.

No comments: