Sunday, July 25, 2010

7th Year of Jap and Graduation Ceremonies

Finally after 7 consecutive years of jap lessons, it has come to an end. At least for me. I will be taking a short break of 1 year before signing up for the JPLT exam next year. Think it might be 3N or 2. Dunno if can do both consecutively?

Anyway cos last year I remembered there were 3 level 6 ladies and they actually wore gowns to the ceremony. Tab and I decided to go the other direction. Punk-rock I guess from what we were wearing. She punk, I rock. Anyway I arrived at the stipulated time and it turned out the timing was 1hr later. So met up with Tab and her df for lunch PS Hot Tomato. Its good and definitely filling. The pork chop and chicken chop were very nicely done. We talked until it went slightly beyond the time of the ceremony. As we are in the last level, based on the past years experience, we were the last to receive the certs.

We entered, about an hour late. Cos the info I saw was 2.30pm. But on another info it started at 2pm. Err we walked in and it was at level 5. We settled down a bit and soon it was level 5b. Soon it was our turn. Surprisingly they didnt go by alphabetical order and called Tab first. Then me. Got our 5s of 'fame'. This year they opened a translation class and also awarded those who attended it, so Tab got another cert. After the full attendance award (which both of us hadnt gotten for years), it was time for the top of the level. The irony is that its really 50-50 since there's only 2 of us. Tab expected me, I expected her. And they called out my name so I got another 5s of fame. The prize turns out to be a book. Its about 100 questions regarding why Jap do certain things in a certain way and explains. Thankfully it comes in both jap and eng. So I did read through on my way home on the bus.

We didnt have to rush for the food much, cos since we are in level 6, for the group photo taking, we were the last, so could head to the queue and get food. Also for the first time, wasnt starving cos of full lunch, so took just a bit of the dessert. 1 smoked salmon bread, 1 pitschato cake, 1 pear mini tart, 2 scones. Scones are nice, with the cream and the raspberries jam. After that we took a few photo with our sensei who's returning to jap after 3-4 years here. Then after we were done, we headed off.

I went to PS and at the carrefour, I bought 1.5kg of cooking chocolate for just about $10 thinking of the amount of chocolate dishes I was aiming to try out. So will store it and use it slowly. Took off my jacket, took bus home, reached home very stoned. Had to wash out the hair styling clay in my hair and take out contacts. After bathing, went to help dabao dad's dinner. Then conked out in bed. Fell asleep and woke up rather late around 9.30pm.

Started on the mud pie. The melting of the chocolate took very short time this round. Hmm but after that adding the condensed milk, got clumpy. Then things got downhill, the instant pie filling didnt solidfy as much as intended. It was rather watery. So had to heat it and even after still watery. so did what I could to pour it over the pie, and chuck into the chiller section. Not sure if it would work out but have to see how after several hours in the fridge can help it solidfy or not. If not, its the chute.

No comments: