Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 3 - Taipei station & Flower Expo... Shilin Night Market

Today the plan was to explore the Northern Red Line. First stop was the Taipei train station area. There was a Jap mall there but half way up just looking around, my sister got irritated, say no point just going up as we not going to buy. Well haven't finished going up, how u know won't see anything. So she turned around and headed down. She led the way with me feeling irritated behind. Her this 'Xiao jie' temper is quite irritating at times. But how different was this except it seemed a more expensive mall than the others we explored. I wasnt speaking much, cold n irritated when we headed out of the mall. One reason why we headed in was to find toilet n get out from the cold wind. It was 16 degrees. Well we headed out and walk along the streets n walked around the area. I was hoping for food n drink. When we walked past a shop called 金客多, and a strong aroma of pasta. My sister turned around and asked me whether I want to eat here. I said okay. Glad to stop walking about, out of the wind and get some warm food. Man jeans is not enough to keep the legs warm. It can make do. The worse is the finger tips, so cold despite the gloves n heat pack. The cold wind blowing against the face n neck also jialat. Wrapped my scarf around the neck n part of the face.

We settled in and ordered the pasta. It's simple, pasta in tomato paste, egg n pork cutlet, my sister got bacon with pasta in tomato paste. Each is about 100NT. It's very very good! Best tasting pasta. It's not refined looking cos the shop looks like those far east eateries but the taste is very good. Best tasting pasta. Sauce very thick n tasty, spaghetti soft and easily eaten. We ate hungrily and the free flow of tea taste good too. After lunch, we were on speaking terms again and we headed back to the mrt.

We reached YuanShan mrt where the flower expo is at. Eh need to get tickets? Not free? Plus it was in the open. My sister was feeling jialat from the cold. We decided to explore the nearby shops to see if can buy a scarf. She was wearing thin clothing plus v-neck thin cardigan. I kept asking her if she need the heat pack. She kept saying no. Fine. We walked somemore and went into a tea shop. It sells tea. The shoplady let us sample the tea, very glad for a warm drink. The Ginger n date tea tasted real good. They have 12 flavors but given already limited space in luggage but I am going to ditch the packaging, can put in. We got 3 packs of the tea. It's like a 2-3cm cube block of tea that u dissolve in 500ml of boiling water. Once melted, can drink. Very unique. Got a name card too.

We walked along the shops, older style double storey type like in Malaysia. We walked around and the wind was blowing. We walked n stumbled upon a shop selling winter wear on sale. My sister paid about $35 for a top n a scarf. Wrapped snugly, she was more okay. The Confuscious temple was nearby and we headed there.

The temple is really like those straight out of the 古代 show. We went around taking some pics. Walked around inside then headed out. Nearby we chanced upon a shop selling 牛角 croissant. It's very tasty n unique. Outside is hard n inside is soft. Very nice. Too bad can't buy back cos really have alot of stuff. I took a name card. Then walking on a bit nothing much, we walked back n went to a handicraft shop n bought something for mom n her friend. I got something for myself. We made our way back to the station, tired then n not visiting the flower expo.

We took a train to Shilin mrt but I don't know how to walk there. Asking directions, the lady said she dunno how to walk there, take a train. We walked a bit, nothing that much special. Just rows of 2-3 storey old style building with shops on the 1st-2nd floors. I looked at the map and we went to the Jintian mrt which is very near to the Shilin Night Market.

I was getting hungry. We walked around and there didn't seem much food. I was looking at the food but my sister just walked on and on. I was getting weighed down by the bagpack with all the stuff. After stumbling around, we walked into this herbal ba kut the style shop. We ordered their herbal rou gu plus mian sian, Lu rou fan and veg. Soup is good, veg is nice too, Mian sian also but meat n Lu ruo fan is not so. After that we walked and found the 吵大鸡排, and this roasted sugar cane stall. We dabaoed back. The verdict back at the hotel room is ji pa is okay, I still like our own pasar malam version and the sugar cane taste thicker and has a nice roasted after taste. Guess the roasted sugar cane would concentrate the juices more. Not bad. But haven't challenged the 臭豆腐 yet.

Glad to back to the hotel around 9pm after all the walking. I was knocked out by 1.30pm

No comments: