Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Taipei Day 1 - Ximengding

My parents came and sent us off. With minor mistakes made, we boarded safely. The ride was quite turbulent, was feeling a bit queasy even before lunch was served. For the drinks before lunch I ordered a Singapore Sling, never had one before. It's good n strong. We ate
international set, there's so much food. The main was fish potatoes n veg, appetizer ham n macaroni, cheese n crackers, asked for coke light n Chinese tea and a bread bun. Couldn't finish and the turbulence was making me nauseous but with the tv entertaining, it helped distract the mind. Watched 'Red', bit of Tangled n Glee S2. Aiya then arrived.

The airport picking up luggage and immigration also okay. Got the bus tix without much hassle. When we got to the Taipei train station, then make bit more mistakes but still arrived at Ximen. But when we came up, suddenly kinda lost. The road signs are not prominent, dunno which direction. Then we looked at map and walked towards The Red House, then I went to ask for directions to the street. We walked towards the street n walked along it for about 10+ mins and found the hotel. It's not pleasant to be lost with an irritated sister. As if printing the map would help when it's the street name but can't navigate due to everywhere are shops etc. We checked in with no other hassle near 8pm.

Then we got out around 8.30pm to look for food. We walked around Ximeng looking for dinner. My sister was enticed by the Doll catcher machines. There are 3 of them in a whole stretch of shops. I even tried catching the Angry Birds Plushies that I saw but failed. Bubu. My sister got two little Plushies. Each try is 10NT equivalent to 50cents.

We settled in one of the side food stalls with wholesome type. We ordered 卤肉饭, 蛤煎 and tea. Then we walked around. Still trying to navigate the area and get our markings. With food in our stomach, then we ended with walking around. Bought Mister Donuts, very nice n chewy. Think the ones back home don't have the very nice chewiness. Also bought the Frog egg with Ru Hui tea. Very nice and the Frog eggs very chewy. We also bought this grilled corn with a dark sauce. The corn is sweet but sweet n savory is not my thing. Also on the way back, we saw a stall that sold Plushies at 100NT. Saw the angry bird Plushies there. So I asked the lady if all are 100NT. There were 3, she sold me 280NT. That is way cheaper than what those other shops quoted me. The same one angry bird Plushie cost 290NT!!! So I was very willing to buy those three. The Red, Yellow and Blue. Then We bought water and headed back,it was eleven plus. Settled and bathed. Didn't sleep until 2am, my sister didn't sleep until 5am. She told me this morning, confirm nothing dirty cos she didn't sleep a wink.

No comments: