Thursday, March 10, 2011

No energy n on a short fuse

Last nite after returning from the library, I couldn't get any taipei travel guides cos the 4 loaned out. After dinner, I was so tired I laid in bed to rest. Waiting for the 2 hrs to pass so can exercise, but shortly about 9 plus I dozed off, only to sake the next morning, about 7pm. Really knocked out.

Went to work on empty stomach cos no time to buy or will miss bus n be late. So I ate 2 snacks given last time by colleagues n made instant coffee. I haven't even finished half the coffee, one EL collegue come n tell me that for tomorrow's lesson, since I am with her n it's my last lesson with them, to play a game for the whole class. She asked if I got any ideas... She still wants it to be conversational... Obviously on such short notice, nope. She gave an example of dunno what 'fruit basket' where all sit around, then 2 come up and ask and answer a simple question like "Are you a boy?" then they exchange places... Which has many problems. I am not awake yet, I have absolutely no idea how is that a game, no idea about what type of conversational game they can play without coming up with crappy short lame questions... All these flash past my mind in a second. I told her I have no idea irritably. She asked what we do as games in my solo lessons, I showed her the card games we made n how it's conducted in small gps of 3-4. So guess I can't help but I end up being irritated. I sipped coffee n surfed the Internet for classroom filler ideas but none of them can take up a 50min plus allow them to converse. I don't see the point of it. In local school, a filler can be reading, drawing, writing a journal style, creative writing and even things like murder which involves listening n following instructions... There are speaking, writing, listening and reading activities to fall upon. Ask me out of the blue to think of a conversational game with the whole class, I have nothing but irritation.

Two hrs later, I am irritated again. This time by Headless. Yesterday's certificates n comments print out. I did one level, my counter part did another. Then she came with another stack of certs so I told her I will continue today. First she went to the stack n did something, I dunno what and don't care. Then she got something up, she asked if I was free n said something along the line of "could you start on these" which again I can't say no. So I told her to leave it n I will continue. I was eye-balling thru my counter part's comment sheets. I had class earlier n came down n was eye-balling. Since she seated there at the table, I decided to eyeball the comments first. What's the point of squeezing there for 2 people to do 1 work. Then she went back to her own seat n then while I was still eye-balling, almost finished. She looked at me and said something utterly stupid "when is ur free period n yr counterpart's free period? We should sit down together to do it." I tell ya by this time I was showing a super irritated face, very short of rolling my eyes. What is the point of getting 3 pole to sit around when it's about mostly done. If u wanted to 3 pole do, then why pass the whole bloody stack to us to do. Bloody hell, it's sorting the comments n certs by class cos they bloody stupid never have any class written on the comments n certs so it has to be done twice. So need 3 pole now to crowd over the few remaining comments to do what? One person read aloud, one person find and one person tick? DUH! I was mumbling n visibly irritated. I controlled myself n just looked at her n shake my head n went to another table to continue sorting through n ticking off the namelist. She had gone ahead to put another batch of certs into the classes but never ticked off. So I ticked off the names of those newly added comment sheets n certs. Quite tired after that. Cos I didnt even finish my cup of coffee n been doing stuff straight after coming down... My face black lor and after those were done. I went for another lesson. After which was lunch. Didn't do much after that.

Had another lesson n cca n assignment. Lagi tired myself. Just wish for the weekend soon. Think my short fuse is really from a whole combination of being really tired from the hrs at work, the zhuobuoness of all those events which drains Jin sheng. Plus body clock also reaching the end of the year, can't wait for the year to end timer. Plus stupidity irritates me. Grrr... Zzzzzz....

No comments: