Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Paid but tired

I got paid the outstanding fee in cash. My ex-collegue SMS me back n we would start another set at the reduced fees n timing today. I was half-hoping that it was the end, at the expense of $115, I could have the freedom of all my free days. Well... Okay just continue, keeping in mind that once the PSLE is over, I am done... At least I hope.

The salary nego, the P came back that he does not have the power. It's his boss, the Jedi-master whom decides. Problem is we only get to see the Jedi-master during the time to sign the contract. Where is the room to negotiate if any at all??? So in a sense, I am glad I did register my concern through that letter though it's all in English. Better than wait until actual contract-signing day?!? So whether I have to continue assignments depends on the pay condition. I want to be paid decent enough so that I won't have to do assignments to supplement, as this new position would require more lesson planning n stuff... So that's what I hope for.

Tomorrow is 2nd gym or home with weights. Or if I can put some 1kg weights at workplace, can exercise during free periods even more, instead of just sitting around and stone and play I-phone or read stuff... Too sedentary, last time I still go out for lunch. Still can walk out n back.Hmm okay time to go Daiso to buy those 1kg small dumbbells.

Today a whole morning of graduation ceremony for the sec 3. It's an eye-opener to how they graduate but it's really very formal n I actually zoned out during the one-too-many speeches, though usually I am 'brain-fried' by the auto response of translating half, understand half thingy. Last nite I ironed a set of formal clothes, both jackets: black n white. One for the school ceremony, one for the graduation party that I had un-wittingly signed up but seems to be one I must go as I am considered in the level. It's again buffet style in s function room in a famous hotel, with round tables n a stage. Students perform singing n band, then the teachers have to perform one item too. Yes it's singing a Jap song. I can romanjinise the lyrics and actually read the hiragana but mouth cannot catch up fast with pure hiragana. Need the romanji to be on par with eye-mouth coordination. Err kena saboed n stood in the middle... Nevermind.

After that, I left with a collegue to look at electric appliances to spend her work budget on. We ate at Soup Spoon n then I left for assignment. Now just reached home, mentally n physically tired. Tom I'd last set of solo lessons for this tern. Jia you.

I just wanna exercise n sleep n practice guitar n make money from shares. Unfortunately, nothing much is happening, so no sale to realize profit. Only dividends at the moment. It's into March already... Oh well just have to be patient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl.. Since this parent has bad credit history of not paying the full amt and on time. Change to paying u on the 1st lesson instead of last lesson. If not, once after PSLE, she will confirm will not pay u the full sum or full amt.

Why does the tuition fees reduce instead of increasing? U have the bargaining power to increase. First, u r no longer fresh grad. Second thing, the amt of energy can channel to buy stocks or reading books to upgrade skills. Do not waste on kids. Furthermore, she has record not paying on time. Need to be careful.

Don't be too nice and let other people bully u.

It's not worth it.

Quetz