Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 6 - Magic curry, 三兄妹 and flight home

Woke up for the last round of porridge breakfast. My sis decided on toast and jam. I was still eating porridge, egg, pock floss and pickled 菜心. After that our box of pastries ordered came and we repacked into our luggage. I forgo certain box packaging and repacked more stuff into a box. After squeezing all my stuff, I end up with 1 luggage, 1 backpack and 1 bag of biscuits on my hand. So dunno if I could board with a backpack n a bag of biscuits. We left our stuff at the front desk and checked out. Then we walked around Ximeng area.

It was another cold n windy day. We went into a couple of stalls and looked. About 1pm,, we headed into this cafe called 'Magic Curry' and ate curry. I ordered the most popular chicken curry and can taste the flavor and stuff but as I am not used to eating Jap style curry, it got a bit 腻, after a while. The chicken is really soft and flavorful. My sis ordered something like curry baked rice. It has quite a following but not to our taste. After that we went to the 3兄妹 dessert stall where I ordered the 芒果雪冰, where the shaved ice is a milk block of ice. It's really very good. My sister ordered a warm red bean soup. We ate slowly, partly full, partly kill time. When it's time to go, head back to the hotel.

The ride was this old style Mercedes (boxy) black and our stuff got loaded up and we were off. It was quite a distance to the airport and in the daylight, going via another way (avoid highway toll), there were quite some things to see. The outskirt of the city, saw the ocean with strong swirls cos the freeway was built close to the sea. As we sped off, saw a ghost abandoned town of sort. There are very very dilapidated houses left standing, unoccupied. Saw a power plant of sort too. Was wondering if it was a nuclear plant cos taiwan has too. We arrived without a hitch and checked in. We managed 32kg with 2 luggages, so checked in my backpack so I am left with just 1 bag of biscuits.

We headed inside and the no of stalls with duty free is impressive. Just that didnt feel like buying anything else. We settled in a cafe to eat some western food. Though its a bit pricey, $6+ for a set of sandwiches and drink and a biscuit. The sandwich had lots of meat and veg and actually taste good. Nice. After killing some time, headed to board the flight. On the plane, I was watching Glee Season 2 5 episodes. Even had time to play some mahjong before arriving and it was switched off.

Unexpectantly we saw our parents as we slowly checked out; finding toilet, finding way out, buying duty-free alcohol also. Surprised to see them. Apparently they last minute decided to come and fetch but cos my phone was off, they couldnt contact us. That was near 11.10pm already. So we went to the Macs to have some food. Then by the time we were done, it was 12 midnight and my dad drove us home.

Once I reached home, I started unpacking. Got lots of stuff to sort through, especially the bulky confectionary we bought. Then just knocked out around 1-2am. Next day have guitar but whole week away so no practice at all. Got to call a collegue to get an update about the 'contract' status. Signz... back to reality. It was good while it lasted. I really totally didnt think about troubling issues until flew back.

No comments: