Monday, August 01, 2011

1st day of the hols

Excluding the weekend, today's the 1st day of the month n the start of my hols. Wasn't feeling that good on sat after my first coffee in 2 weeks.

I woke up without the alarm clock, still early, around 9am plus. The night before, I slept late into the wee hours of the morning reading storybooks. Decided that I was going to wash the clothes (mainly mine plus some sis' homewear) Was watching cable tv recordings when I got a message from my local collegue counterpart.

She said she's tendering her resignation cos she informally inform Headless but didnt expect Headless to go tell the VP. So she's giving me the heads-up first. She also mentioned that Headless asked if I was leaving. She said no. I told her over the what's ap to clarify her own stance n if they asked abt me, I am NOT leaving, plus if I know abt her intentions to leave, also no. Can't be helped cos there's only 3 Chinese. The first left end-June. This one leaving guess end-Sept. The timing is too close, since I am the remaining one, mo wonder they might think so. But I reminded that leaving collegue to clarify. Don't leave me to clarify when I am not the one leaving.

This kinda spoils the day a bit. Cos now I wonder if my job is on the line cos of her actions. That collegue is very very complainy n she has lots of issues with work n her own class n stuff. So it's better she's leaving. Her franchise oppt offer both a financial incentive n she also leaves this system which is so problematic for her. I am a bit sad that I would be a lone-wolf of sort but I am okay just doing my own stuff type. Plus every year there are people coming in and leaving. Actually by the end of this school year, everybody whom I have gotten to know, most if not all are leaving. Except the Aussies. After a while, beyond the usual greeting of 'morning' I am rather tired of getting to know people, except those who are more permanent.

I ate my lunch outside n think a bit more. Then I decide to stick to the story that I don't know abt my collegue's resignation until she msg me on 1st Aug. She did mention her unhappiness but I don't know much abt her job search. Just that her timing is very bad. The school hold just started n she comes with this resignation. It's to be fair, cos it's only effective from 1st sept. Its to give them an extra month of school hol to find a replacement. But still people havebt even 1 day hol, then got to settle ur shit cos they have to prepare a news advert, interview pple etc. She herself didn't expect Headless to tell the vp so soon but if I was the powerless Headless, I would also tell the vp. Cos it would not help Headless
to sit on it. Basically never think through. I just dont want to be involved in her leaving nor do I want to clean any more of her shit. Esp shit like answering other collegues questions of why she's leaving, whether I know of her plans earlier.

Then I decided to still enjoy my day n not let it spoil the rest of my well-deserved hols. In the end, I didn't go gym but I washed the clothes, Hung them out to dry, washe the dishes, swept the floor then heated up leftovers for dinner, ate n went for assignment. Sighs what a first day of the hols

No comments: