Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Temple praying, qiu qian, craving & omelette

Sat - after guitar lesson, I decided since nobody jio me, I better use the time to go pray at the temple. Munched on some sushi and walked about 15minutes slowly to the Guan Yin Temple. I bought 2 packs of sweets to give as offering. Give thanks for blessing thus far and asked for continued blessings. I also qiu qian about my job, whether I should stay or leave. Basically the answer is to stay, may have some trouble n have to work hard but stay. It helps put the heart at peace because the reality of the job market (looked through recruit) is that really nothing much suitable. If I anyhow jump into another lower-paying job, thinking I can start entry-level and work upwards but if it turned out to be dead-end, double whammy. My own preference and the reality is to stay on a bit longer until I am ready to jump out. At this point I am not ready. The only push factor is the pay, there are still a number of pull factors for me, that's why.

After that I walked over to Bugis Junction. I had a craving for this durian moouse dessert at 717 trading but to my dismay, the one at BJ closed!!! Argh... I could almost taste it in my mouth while I was walking there. So sad. I looked online and there's only 4-5 outlets left. The nearest is Jurong Point. Okay... I went home without eating anything else.

I made my own dinner using the last pack of chicken breast meat n salad. It's been tough chewing both the breast meat n the salad. An idea struck me, mince the meat, cut the veg into fine bits. Stir-fry together. Sounds good, as I was dicing them, another idea struck. Why not mix in an egg to make an omelette. Mmm..okay did that but fridge only left one other egg, so put in 2 eggs. Enough eggs to covered the minced meat. So I actually made a mistake by mixing the egg with the meat. I could have stir-fry meat n veg, then cover with egg to fry... So bo bian, I fried the harder veg like carrot first then all the veg, then pour the minced meat egg over it to let it cook first. Slowly then turn over the other side to cook the egg n meat side. It came out really good. Easier to chew cos all are smaller bits, filling and delicious with ketchup.

Sunday I proscrinated the whole day n didn't go for gym. My mom set up the altar to pray to ancestors so I lit inscence, later have roasted duck n chicken to eat. I tried to control my food. Luckily didn't have breakfast so calories okay.

Monday, asked my dad if he ok to drive to CitySquare. Cos my dad usually don't mind buying newspapers on mon from such trips, something about very good stock analysis n charts from the Msia Chinese newspapers. So we headed in about 10.45am. Didn't spend too much, just RM$100 on anime n discs and RM$30 on Portuguese chicken n egg tarts n a few bars of chewing gum. Ate Fish & Chip at Vivo (a cafe) and later we reached back home about 3.30pm.

Fell asleep, ate the delicious Portuguese chicken. Egg tart for family n next day breakfast. Headed for assignment. Nothing much else. Except I stayed up pretty late these days. Sleep late and wake up naturally, the timing can range from 8-11am depending on disturbances. Despite feeling a bit zhuo bo at times, I do enjoy this time of not using the alarm clock. Just sleep when I feel like, wake naturally, not in a hurry. That's really nice and I don't want it to end...

No comments: