Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fail test, indulgence and almost the end

Been very focused on the intensive week of driving. A driving lesson everyday from Mon to Thur then the test on Fri. I have to work on my clutch cos car is jerky, not enough acceleration... I cleared the circuit then on a narrow right turn out from the directional change, back wheel hit the curb... A pity but even without that, I still failed with the points deducted. Sighs, got to do 2 more revision before I can take the test. I haven't scheduled anything cos it's taxing to do so in the week with my hours, twice a week assignment, planned exercise, guitar plus this thing call social life, recreation and down-time. A bit mentally tiring to slot more things, like a mentally-taxing driving session... Will think about it.

So on Sat, being election day, no guitar (totally neglected guitar), by the time I reach home after the driving session (100mins) very stoned-dead. Just wanna sleep or just stone. I met up with 2 collegues for tea at Marmalade Pantry in Ion. Pretty good but the mains were pricey. Dessert and tea prices are okay. I was kinda stoned during the conversation. Even later meeting FH for dinner, also very stoned. He told me last time when he was learning, after lessons very mentally tired that he would just sleep. I totally agree.

Sat didn't do much just laze in bed. Friday itself in the earlier part of the day, I wasn't well, just lay in bed until I was better. Sat was just lazing cos failed test, kinda a bit down. Stay in bed and lazed.

Until I asked my sister if she got plans to go out. I told her I wanna get the Garrett's popcorn, she didn't mind but she wanted to eat her favorite at ManJi @ 313. I didnt mind also so we headed for dessert first. I ordered the pomelo mango sago, and I wanted to try the durian pancake but since got 30% discount for 2nd pancake, ordered the mango. My sis hadnt eat the pancakes before so since each is not that big, can finish. My sis ordered the black glutinous riceballs in vanilla sauce n Watermelon sago. It's like 5 items for 2 pax... We really win the rest of the tables. Most is one person 1 item, or like for 2 pax, 3 items. We are like 5 items for 2 pax. When we were taking pics, got a few neighboring tables patrons looked over at us. Well... (luckily we only ate 1 meal) and those were our "lunch". Yup eat until full, so unlike dessert huh.

Went to HMV then we went up to the foodcourt which has a big selection of food too. I was telling my sis how I never really went to the top before. Can consider eating there, alot of seats. We took the mrt to rafflescity. I was actually getting hungry... So unbelievable, I dabaoed a BFF large fries with the Gusto garlic. Then at the Jason supermarket, I bought 4 more bottles of Miller. Yep this time I have backpack. Luckily didn't buy more, 4 is still okay. Then we walked the circle linkway to go towards Garrett's. When we reached the escalator, near the linkway to the esplanade linkway, can already smell the popcorn (so I was right about them up-ping the aroma) I joined the queue to buy a Large bag of caramel popcorn. With that, we headed home.

I repacked the popcorn into 2 ziplock bags so can keep it crisp longer. I ate dinner with the BFF fries, ready-made pizza my sis bought and baked in the oven. Also had a bowl of popcorn. I chilled a Miller but didn't drink it. Just tuned in to the Presidential election. Watched until the recount and decided to sleep. Been sleeping around 1.30-2am, gonna have a tough time adjusting back.

Today also rather uneventful, slept late, watched news about the PE, being re-run again and again, then play I-phone games. Got hungry, decided to eat dinner and forgo gym. No gym this week.

I still have 3 more days, work resumes on 1st Sept thur. I am gonna cut and dye my hair before work resumes. Going to start adjusting my sleeping time and use alarm clock. Gonna try to squeeze in one-two more tasks like tidying my DVDs n table before work starts.

No comments: