Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sell-decision and 1st Try Aglio-aglio

Tuesday - the market showed all-green in the early part of the morning. So there was one counter, I couldnt buy back. Then on the Malaysia side, one of my counters went up. I had some shares (cheaper price) and during the fire-sale earlier last week, I managed to buy some more (not as cheap) so I decided to sell the cheaper lots to realize the profits. Cos it was near the highest price it has been. I actually keyed in an order for even higher price. But after looking at it around 4pm, prices were hovering slightly below my target. I decided to lower my own selling price

Remembering the earlier lessons about being greedy and then didnt sell off before prices turn etc etc. Then the other lesson about being too attached to the stocks I have on hand. I did made some bad decisions not to sell cos I want even higher gains, only for prices to go south after. So gathering all these lessons, I sold off my malaysian shares for a hefty gain of 48% over 3 years excluding dividends. I still have the ones I bought earlier last week left. If prices do fall, I will buy it back up again. Thanks to this trade, I am almost at my 1st target. Its been a slow year but there's still 4+ months to go. If prices goes up, I can do some trading.

Some sg prices have reached quite low but my sg funds are running low cos I have not sold off much from my sg portfolio. Then have been buying some when prices fell. Hope for some needed green for me to do some trading to free up capital.

Met up with the leaving collegue downstairs to eat the Zhi Char. During lunch, the place is full of people eating zhi char. I ate 虾酱鸡,XO鱼片汤 and sambal kangkong. Very big portion and very satisifying meal. I did notice many people ordering the 3 dishes featured on the TV show on Channel 8. Wow that's effective. Next time I shall try those too. After lunch we went home.

After resting, decided to go to the gym to offset the good food, went to library too and borrowed more storybooks. Thanks to playing too much of Tiny Tower, I am not reading the storybooks as much. Even now, still somewhat playing too much of TT but as it's getting tougher to build more storeys, I am not glued to it as much as initially.

So far I am not re-starting the Chicken breast meat meal replacement. I wanted to try to make aglio-aglio first (a bit inspired from the previous cooking at Tab's place) and pasta. I already bought the ingredients and still had a pack of parmesam cheese in the chiller.
_________________________________

Wed - I actually woke up at 8.30am without an alarm clock. I did sleep very late last night. But I felt rested enough. Mom wasnt at home. Dad in living room. I decided to try to cook the aglio-aglio.

So chop up an entire clove of garlic, my onion rotted so threw away. Boiled a fistful of linguine until it turned soft. Then my practice is to drain the hot water and just pour in normal water to cool the pasta. Drain and put on a plate. In the meantime, I cut half a small can of luncheon meat into super thin slices. Then fry it with just some oil. Trying to make sure that they turn out crispy. When it was almost done, threw in some garlic to fry with the luncheon meat. Serve on a small dish.

Washed the pan and cook the aglio-aglio. I added a generous amount of olive oil, cos I dont really know how much is needed for aglio. Fry most of the garlic (leave a little bit for final garnish), then put drained cooled pasta in, add a pinch of salt. Then mix with a pair of metal chopsticks, until can smell the garlic, nicely mixed. Then serve on the plate. I took out this bottle of herbs I bought. Its from Masters - Pizza mix. Basically it has the whole mix of marjoram, basil, capsicum, orego, parsley, tumeric, herbs m spice all mixed inside.

When I was deciding which of this flakes to buy from the numerous assortment. I didnt want chilli flakes cos I dont really like it. But those flaskes like pure parsley, basil are all too much for me. I dont want to risk getting one of this which has that particular few herbs I dont like. Then I saw this Pizza Mix, which is to sprinkle over pizza. Since pizza is okay, use on pasta also should be can. And I was going to sprinkle a little bit of parmesam cheese. So decided on that. It turned out to be a good decision.

I sprinkled lightly over the top, then a light sprinkle of parmesam cheese and lastly the remaining raw minced garlic. My mom came back then and she dabaoed some food. Which I will eat as lunch. So she said it looked good and tried some. She agreed its nice. I find it light and tasty except for the last few bites where it became rather oily cos the oil drained at the bottom layer. So note to self to use much lesser oil. Seems aglio-aglio, contrary to popular belief, does not require too much oil. Just moderate. The best part, its enough for one person portion. So now I know how much linguine is for one person instead of cooking the whole pack.

No comments: