Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Last 3 days of pure freedom

As mentioned, the hols are ending for me. I got up with the alarm clock about 8am (but still lazed in bed) and made myself the last aglio-olio linguine. This time I used the leftover Taiwanese sausages and minced them up to fry along with the garlic and linguine. The verdict is while it's okay, it's sweet-tasting. Think the minced luncheon meat combination is the best thus far.

I called to make an appointment for a haircut and colour. I decided to colour my hair (colour means one colour only) to cover my remaining highlights but cos those are lighter colours, so they will turn a diff shade compared to the normal hair. Quite glad for a haircut, the long hair makes the hot and sunny weather hard to bear at times. But my hair has 3 shades of colour now... Cos the new hair is darker (and looks black under normal light) but is actually brown. The older hair is obviously the cool shade of brown. And the remaining highlights turned ash brown. Didnt want to choose bright warm brown, so chose the cool shade. Think I am happy with it. Looking forward to go to gym without hair feeling like an extra towel around my neck.

Later I sms Tab if she heading out. Feeling a bit restless. But she and husband were cooking dinner so I asked if I could have some. Travelled down with popcorn and bought a frozen scallop. Then I sat in the living room to cool down while the masterchefs made dinner. It's seafood aglio-olio, tiger prawn, scallops, tuna steak and pasta. Pretty tasty though a bit too much chilli flakes. Then ate logan and popcorn. Very full. Luckily I only had a meal the whole day, so calories still okay.

We met FH at 'Little Part I' near Thomson Plaza for 'supper' around 8.30++ and ordered a curry powder fries, and a beer (a beverage each) and an apple crumble with vanilla ice cream. FH was dividing out the apple crumble and ice cream and in some conspiracy, he gave me a generous portion, then took a significantly lesser bit for himself. I was pointing out the obvious difference and that there's a conspiracy involved. He turned and say cos I am the 'lightest' in the group so I get to eat more. Huh? Sure boh. I turned to DF and told him I might be heavier than him though. But after he said out his weight, I lost... FH also said his weight. Fine... I 'lose' and eat my portion. LOL DF said that he felt so conscious saying his weight aloud then FH proudly declared his weight. Let's just say that I am used to being the heaviest in the group among colleagues or JC friends. I ate some fries but as I am always 'heaty' after some, I feel very heaty such that my tongue like a bit sore/swollen so I have to refrain. My body has been like this, in perpetual heaty so certain food like fries, chips, biscuits I can't really eat alot. Prefer something more moist in texture cos hat won't trigger.

We had a good time talking about the PE, travel, listen to FH's cold jokes, courses and pursuits and lastly shares. The place closed at 10 plus so we parted ways. I decide to take a bus home cos still early enough. Reached home to find my sisters playing I-phone game. I was telling Geoky how tough the BurgerQueen challenge mode was and how I had many tries before I finally reached level 2. She took my phone and whacked until level 6. I was like omg-ing at the side cos she say its a matter of memory but I told her I can't remember those damn burger combination. Later I created a profile for them and Yingel who tried, couldn't clear the 1st stage. Geoky started using my profile at level 2 and couldn't clear level 1 with her own profile too. Turns out the 1st stage is tough. Later Geoky cleared.

Then gotta charge my phone and watched Naruto DVD and slept.

No comments: