Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Intensive Driving, clutch... muscle ache

Sunday - lazed and lazed until I dragged myself out of the house literally to go to the gym. The good thing is that on Sunday, gym opens until 8pm, so I managed to pull myself out by 5.30pm. Hit only the 2nd time but okay, at least its twice not just once. Weight so not moving at all. Stopped rising but not falling. My jeans are tight... Luckily my knee okay but I dont like my jeans being tight.

Mon - Its the start of 4 days of driving revision and last day is actual test. Started using my alarm clock, but I set to 8.30am. Aim to start getting up around this timing. I woke up and decided to cook more aglio-olio pasta. It's my 3rd time making the garlic aglio-olio. Then I just ate it as brunch and it lasted until 4.30pm. After driving, I went home and ate some yoghurt as light lunch and later ate an early dinner. Contemplated going to gym but my left leg muscle was a bit tired from all the clutching during driving. Decided not to strain it.

Tue - Made aglio-olio again. This time I still had half a can of small luncheon meat left from the first attempt, so I decided to chop garlic and also chop up the luncheon meat into very small bits. Fry garlic first, then throw in luncheon meat mince and fry until the luncheon meat is brown and more crispy looking before I add the cooled linguine. It tasted very nice. A bit reminds me of the bacon version, plus the luncheon fry with the garlic, removed any porky smell from the luncheon meat. Its a tastier version. Will keep it in mind. Ate it and went driving again. After the lesson, my left thigh and butt really sore. Then I realized that its from all the clutch. But I didnt want it to affect my coming lesson and test so I spread lots of muscle rub all over. Had yoghurt for lunch. Then a light dinner before going for assignment. After assignment, I was feeling the effects of such a hectic week. All the travelling around and back and out again...

Wed - driving again but didnt cook my last aglio-olio cos mom bought food for me. I went for driving again, after which shared a cab down with collegue to have tea with another collegue at Ion orchard. Its pretty good but a bit pricey. Catch up cos one has quit, the other is quitting end of Sept. After one left, I walked with the other and her child around Ion until her husband came and then I left to meet FH for a quick dinner.

The Garrets popcorn at Wisma Atria is opened. And the walking through the narrow walk-way to Taka and later back to the mrt station really tested my will-power. The aroma of cookies and popcorn is really very strong. I think they purposely up the aroma to compete against each other. And since the walk-way is narrow, the aroma is very concentrated (Citylink, at least the walkway is very wide and can siam one side) I see many people succumbing and buying either one. Really tempting but I was feeling very heaty these few weeks so didnt want to get anything like cookies or popcorn, however tempting the aroma. So this week gym is still 0.

This Sat is election day so gym is closed. Gym is also closed from noon on Fri. So I am left with Thur and Sun to go... So difficult, so many things to do and yet energy is like a bit low. Think physically I have the energy but mentally I am tired.

No comments: