Thursday, August 04, 2011

2nd 3rd day - more fruitful

Day 2 - met up with Candle at Clementi for lunch. I have been reading storybooks into the wee hours of the morning. Cos it's really peaceful and quiet. I can lay in bed and be the only one still up at the wee hours. Its like a bubble where it's just you, the story and peace. No worries about waking up late cos can just sleep late. That's the nice feeling of the late night hours. But I woke up around 9-10am cos of the construction going on.

I got another bottle of Absolut-mango. Brought my Vines chardonnay for Candle to bring to Tab's place. I didnt know if I should go cos I also packed gym wear but after the heavy lunch of Indian rojak n Fiery popiahs, plus 2 drinks each, just decided to also follow Candle to Tab's place. 1st time going there cos I live in the west, so the few times they went, I didn't. Plus had work and assignment plus stuff. So finally went there.

I decided since Candle was going to teach Tab how to cook pasta, I shall stay out of the way (though I helped chop the 2 red onions) and later I was served the pasta and spaghetti, like a judge on the MasterChief show, gave some critique, useful tips. LOL! Later we occupy n entertain ourselves with I-phone n I-pad, namely Songnify & Vega samurai until it was time to leave.

Day 3: I decided today no more proscrinating n aimed to go gym followed by praticising my guitar. Gym was another 3 weeks break so hard to start. Guitar is I dread plus not inspired so always last minute practice. But since no work, on hols, can become diligent in both. So my morning, I spent on watching cable, plus monitor stock prices, make some decisions, key in orders, monitor on and off throughout the day. Afternoon, ate hor fun & baby kailan from downstairs Zhi char. Went home, read storybook, fell asleep. Woke up on hearing my parents voices. They came back from Malaysia. That was 5pm. It was a hot day, sweating like crazy from only sleeping.

Around 5.30pm, changed and then went to the Clementi gym. I contemplated going to the Jurong East one but decided not to, cos I am trying to build a routine, first few times nearby first, then when more used and bored, go the other gym to break the monotony. So I was sweating heavily after the eplitical stepper 25mins. After the weights, sweating alot too. During the workout, I was thinking of how to control my weight. Obviously I have been exceeding the calories alot, so I better use this month I have to lose them again, and if I can make changes to my lifestyle that is more permanent.

So now I am keeping with my current practice of eating non-fat yoghurt, 2 small cartons for breakfast. I was thinking about the chicken breast meat plus salad to replace 1 meal eg lunch or dinner. There were some weeks during work, I made salad for lunch n during the period where I was eating sandwiches for breakfast. So I am no stranger to making my own salad. The new endeavor is to cook the chicken breast meat n eat it more regularly.

So after gym, on way home, I headed to a supermarket nearby. Bought a whole bunch of veg - baby cucumber to make pickled cucumber, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, purple cabbage, pack of white onions, a green capsicum. From my previous experience, eating the same 2-3 vegs only can get 腻 easily. So with 6 diff vegs plus a separate pickled cucumber & chicken breast meat. Should be okay as a meal. Definitely covered all the 5 colours of veg - red, green, white, purple and orange.

Reached home, bathed and ate dinner. Good thing about exercise is that it regulates the appetite. Then I washed, chopped n spin-dry the salad. Then put them into the various containers I bought for cooking uses. Enough for 7 servings. All put into the chill section. The chicken breast meat had to defrost. So I did practice guitar. After which I peeled away the skin n visible fats. Also enough for 7 servings. Washed, Pat-dry and bagged them individually into zip lock bag, each marinated with this Honey-mustard marinating sauce I bought. Put 1 into the chiller. The rest push out the air in the zip lock and put in freezer.

Tomorrow start with lunch is salad n the chicken breast meat. Have to experiment with the cooking. Want to do minimal oil. Lightly stirfry, bake n steam. Will experiment n see which is better. If works, can do more regularly, use different marinating sauces.

Also restarting the use of the HPB diet tracker to keep an eye on my calorie intake. Only today is balanced and small deficit. One day at a time. 3-4 exercise (gym if can swim), replace 1 meal, continue with yoghurt breakfast. See how things go.

It's a fruitful day. At least done some stuff.

No comments: