Friday, August 05, 2011

Day 4 & 5 - Cooking, Stocks in Red, Gold

Day 4, thursday. Didnt do much except read more storybooks and cooked my first chicken breast meat meal. I did a stir-fry with onions version. Then ate the salad raw with a separate pickled cucumber. Very filling. After eating, I didnt much much until dinnertime. Slept late.

Day 5, friday. Woke up relatively early 9.30am just in time to see the stock market free-falling!!! Urgh... I sold off one small part of the trading counter and it just nett me $150 instead of $400 which I felt wasnt enough and was waiting for it to go higher. Another slap to the face to remind myself that next time a $400+ profit is good enough for just a transaction. *Grumbles* Then I used cpf to buy 1 lot and cash to buy 1 lot of another counter. I feel bad for my sister whom bought one of my counters and its been in the red. Just when its going up but near to break-even, today's free-fall meant it went more into red. Well I am in the same boat but still feel bad for her. So all these transactions went through.

I am waiting for more free-falling in the malaysia market to buy back one particular counter. It started falling from a high price, so I sold off. When it fell to a bit above my target, I didnt buy back. Then it rose again. Now its fallen some. Not near my target price. But I am willing to wait. Too bad my sg capital almost all locked up. All are in the red.

I went to the bank to change my passbook and also to sell off gold in my cpf gold savings account. Basically the price gone up and it hit my 10% target. I went there and sold off 75g, keeping 5g inside still for transaction cost. Basically I got back my capital with $180 extra... but the rest of the gains are actually that 5g worth, which I have to keep inside cos the bank will deduct the annual transaction cost from it, which is 0.9g thus far. So I still havent realised the full gains. Just gonna wait and see. If prices of gold falls, can use my 'higher' gold amount to buy more... I am not sure how to make more $$$ from gold but its not a bad return so far for a gold amateur. If prices goes down, maybe next time, I will put in a bit of cash to set up a cash gold savings account. See how.

Today's meal replacement. I decided to do a garlic onion stir fry chicken breast meat. Also stir-fry the salad with a pinch of sea salt, so it became a mixed veg. Didnt have room to eat my pickled cucumber after but very full until now even.

No comments: