Sunday, August 07, 2011

Day 6, 7 - My first weekend

Day 6, Sat - Friday I didn't go for the drinking cos of gastric pangs that suddenly came on around 6pm and only let off after 10pm... Spent the time reading storybooks n flipping tv channels. Sat I headed for my usual lesson dressed in gym gear. Brought water n towel along. The plan was to go to gym after lesson. I had to hurry myself to chew through the 3rd day lunch of stir-fried garlic onion chicken breast and raw salad. So that by the time I was free, more than 2hrs have passed, so safe to exercise. Felt pretty good after the workout, less sweaty compared to the first try this week. Lesser muscle aches the following few days.

Reached home and bathed n stuff. Then around 5.30pm, saw my mom plumbing. She said the water flowed out from the sink area. Then the water rose n the Stench!!! My mom gave up plumbing and she asked me how... I dunno, call the plumber? She dug around and called a plumber who told her is under HDB, which later told her to call PUB and which pub later say that inside prob is own responsibility. She got a contact from pub to call a plumber. So while she was calling, more water flowed out cos upstairs dunno washing, I was told to lug out the various stuff placed and stored on the kitchen floor... Alot and the stench was very bad.

Called the plumber, my mom asked the neighbor above not to use their kitchen sink, so no more dirty water stopped. So our part confirm is clogged up. My mom n I ate dinner downstairs while waiting for the plumber. Basically they don't do on Sunday. They need to do a bigger job, cos completely clogged. It's a $380 ouch for my dad. Later an angry auntie came to our door accusing us n tell us not to wash anymore cos her unit the pipes are dripping foul smelling water. She kept repeating at the door and I had to raise my voice n tell her that we tio it also. Then my mom told her nicely that we also flooded and we didn't do reno. My mom was mopping away the smelly mess then. We let her in to see for herself. Then after repeating her story several times she left. My mom slept late 2am that night to settle things in the kitchen, plus her own packing. She going back to her hometown the next day.

Day 7, Sun - did nothing constructive except meet my insurance agent. I went with my sis to the WP. I ate a kaya set. Luckily my dinner I made my chicken breast (steamed) with raw salad. Managed to keep the calories to a deficit still. Though chewing through the breast meat n salad is tough on the jaws. Man, I need less of the meat n veg. So a smaller portion of meat the next time I do the packing.

So far it's 4 days of the lunch replacement. 3 more days... Well the good news is my weight has stopped going up. Came down a bit. That puts less pressure on my weakened right knee. That's an indicator of my weight. When it reaches the max heaviest wt it can take. I get sore knee cap. That's a cue to diet. But I am kinda sian of keep gain n try hard to lose, only to gain again. I want more permancey... Hence this plan to replace a meal plus couple with gym. More permancey for both my waistline n health. My choosey mouth is rebelling a bit but as it has the other meal to eat savory stuff, so still okay so far. Have to persist. Who ever lost 'real weight' and kept it off without sweat n effort n plain taste...? Just need to get used to it and incorporate into my lifestyle.

So far still enjoying the lax though doing nothing interesting. Waking up late is nice.

No comments: