Sunday, August 21, 2011

Buffet, Headgears, Convention & Summer Festival

Thur - monitored stock market, until last min assignment cancelled and just stayed at home. Think mainly TT and anime. Though I got hungry by 10.30pm and made another Garlic Aglio-olio, this time lesser oil. My sis thought I was trying to make tomorrow's lunch. Which I can't cos supposed to eat buffet. 2nd time more pro, lesser extra steps but I couldn't mince and chop the garlic fast with chopper cos mom was sleeping. Cos you bang the garlic to split it and then just remove the peel.

Fri - My lunch with collegues was changed last min so I asked Tab if she minded changing dinner plans to lunch. We met up but Suki sushi is no more. It's under 日本村 but they still have the buffet. Really we ordered alot and I still took like 4-5 plates from the conveyor belt... Only to be almost done in by my double order of mentai salmon sushi.

But cos Tab threatened that IF I were to say these 2 lines "Hey, Tab you still want some?" and "It's too much, how to finish?" She would start singing about the "I-was-right-and-you-were-wrong" song to my face. Hence I ate them up with a few breaks in-between, playing TT. Man really so very full. Only wanted to drink tea after. Note to self- next time 1 portion of everything is fine.... No need double.

Walked around and we ended up drinking unsweetened tea n eating a small little bar of caramel called 'Carambar'. I wasn't sure if I was up for dinner. We walked slowly to PS, and in Daiso saw a whole bunch of Halloween head gears. We tried a few. I ended up buying one and a Halloween empty pouch. I went back after n didn't feel up to eating anything else. Just lots of tea.

Sat - I woke up about 9am and around 10.30am, I went next door to dabao breakfast for whole family. I was queuing for fried carrot cake foe dad, when I turned, saw a crowd and saw Tony Tan. He was walking around to meet and greet the people (Singaporeans) he was surrounded by his entourage, video n lighting, flashing camera, curious onlookers, people who wanna shake his hands. I wanted to take a pic but the crowd blocked and closed up n moved, cos it's the first time I see an important Singapore official up close. Went home and told parents.

After guitar, went to Po Mo n ate a subway wrap. Met up with Tab to go to comic convention. Paid $10 admission and there were more stuff, more booths selling a variety of comic anime-related merchandise n various schools promoting their courses. What caught Tab's eye was the various hats, headgears. We walked past Otaku House and went to try out. I wasn't going to try those until I saw Monoko Headgear!!! They have the Black one and later saw the White one. Though I like the White Monoko personally, the black one went nicer with my hair n dark colour clothing. FYI, the Black Monoko is actually a different character from the White one. I ended up being the one buying a headgear... Which I wore for the rest of the time in the convention.

We walked to take the mrt and stopped at raffles shopping mall to grab drinks and a quick bite. I finally found bottles of Miller genuine draft and bought 4 after Tab gave me a lecture about all my 'unfortunate incidences' where I see but don't buy cos wasnt prepared to lug them around, only to come back another prepared but it's not available then. This repeated itself numerous times. Actually I wasn't sure if I wanna buy cos still heading to Expo after that, but I relented and bought 4. Due to my current very heavy weight, I will just keep them in my beer section first, with the rest of the cans of Tiger Gold Classic.

But it's really heavy lugging them around even by swinging the bag over the chest. We made our way to Expo. Succumbed to a Tiramisu doughnut. We walked 3/4 of the convention hall to finally reach this elusive coach bay. It took a lot of walking, with restrooms as a 'refill' stop. We squeezed up and reached safely.

Didn't know it's rather big-scale with tonnes of people, Jap, locals but Jap-wannabes, locals. We queued for dons and hotdogs and drink and ate at the poolside. A student called me to say hi. That's nice. The campus is big. I've seen pics of it but it's my first time at the campus. It's a much younger campus compared to the one in Clementi. Many stalls. I resisted until I saw this selection of Meji ice cream which had some I've never seen. Though I know I already bit the calorie limit but just can't not eat one. Bought the mint choc which I misread as milk with choc. It's really a big bar but saw many eating. I saw a few Jap collegues and went over to say hi. One told me to go to the games corner cos can play for free for staff but seeing the queue, I rather not. Later I said hi to a few more. I wanted to ask where the game stall is so I can go say hi but some misunderstood my English. The teacher called me cos he heard that I was looking for him. Later I have to explain it's just to say hi. Typical Jap-eng misunderstanding. Used to it.

We walked around a bit more. Tab and Quetzal went to dance with the crowd near the stage where a lot of people were following the kimono-clad ladies doing a traditional dance in synchronization with the drums. Nice to watch and impressive. Happy to stand their to take a video. Later I saw a few students, they didnt see me, and called them to wave and say hi. After that covered mostly all. Got ready to leave around 9pm

Later we walked around the exhibit in Expo area, before I went to take the train home. I thought I wouldnt get a seat but I did for both trains. It was late enough and the crowd cleared mostly. Super glad for a sea with the heavy bag. Left shoulder aching still but qt least no more "Miller ... No!!!!!" lines for a while until next time.

Another day gone, another day of calorie exceed. Okay tom I going gym, better be diligent and more hardworking.






No comments: