Thursday, December 20, 2012

Diet restrictions continues and Surprising revelations

First off, my cravings are going through the roof this week. I have been eating Fried chicken cutlet, fries, bee hoon goreng, Astons n some ice tea... on some days this week.

Ironical my weekly follow-up yesterday, my sinseh said my condition has improved the greatest of all the times I had seen her. But that meant I had to keep up with this no 酸,甜,辣,生,冷,寒,硬 plus no milk, banana n most fruits... Until my condition had permanently recovered!!!!

I dunno when that will be, it's not in the near horizon but man, just 2 weeks n cravings are going wild. Imagine doing this for months... a year *OMFG*

The raving cravings are not helping me diet-wise. Imagine going severely over-calories a few times and more often meant I would put on weight cos my calories don't balance out from eating which is going hay-wire.

Trying to make back some extra from extra exercise. Going to do more than my 3 times (1 Krav, 2 conditioning) Very slim hope of balancing my severe surplus before Christmas.
_________________

Had a dinner with colleagues, it's the one for the level, for the end of the term. Because I have been skipping a few, I decided to go for this one after knowing where we r going to. It's a restaurant I've been before, and I don't drink so usually I pay $30. Fair enough.

So I lugged my guitar and my foodstuff from workplace home for the coming holidays. Bathed and actually dozed off in a deep sleep. I set my alarm clock and woke up, changed then headed out. Reached on time.

I sat next to the male wall and he's chatty so we conversed in English about stuff, he helped translate stuff to me too. I ate the food and try to engage in some conversation. They try to include me as best, so I return the favor by talking more.

One surprising thing I found out is that chatty class (not the entire class but the large group) of mine are only so during my class, for other subjects that my colleagues teach, super-quiet. Says their main form, the other Wall. I was very surprised. I assumed they would be the same in other classes. But then my class is a group of them, not in the entire class setting. Then again, during the combined communication lesson, they do show that side to me, too. So I guess it's the comfort level. Outside the class when I see them sometimes at the corridor.

Guess its refreshing to have a diff teacher with diff style from the usual. Plus they enjoy seeing my reaction n facial expression when they purposely do something wrong/funny... Compared to my usual expressionless n tired face.

I did tell them about some other cheeky boys greeting me as "Boss" every time try see me... They tell me that I am popular among students.

Funny thing is I dunno why. I don't really talk much with students enough to know about their lives n their background. Don't smile much to them outside of my own class-time. But I do encourage them to raise their hands to ask me whenever they are not sure. I will attend to them all quickly. They have my attention regardless of their ability, as long as they ask. I try to explain in as simple a manner as I can. That's all. I must admit, I am a more lively person during lesson and once outside, I'm back to my sleepy, tired and lone-wolf self. I try to make each lesson interesting by being expressive n positive n include outside the textbook related points to explain. It makes things more worldly and informative and more connected to real-life. Also put in lots of time and effort to make the activities from scratch to target certain skills lacking. I still haven't covered them all... Hard pressed to slot into lesson timing with the textbook in the way... Have to think more about it.

For now R&R is in order. When I am recharged and refreshed, my perspective is sharp n inspiration hits me. Ideas spring to my head easily. Less effort n more efficient.

Got to iron clothes tomorrow.

Tomorrow can celebrate end of work n also End of the World.

No comments: