Saturday, December 15, 2012

The cravings n the very-full satisfied feeling

In my last visit to the sinseh, just before I came down with stomach flu, last week, I was advised not to eat 生,冷,酸,甜,辣,硬 which somehow greatly limits my diet to porridge and soupy stuff. Things like milk, banana, green tea, cool types of fruits eg watermelon are also out. So I asked what can I eat? Porridge with say fish slices, pickled veg and try to eat a bit more yolk. Man, that's a big limit...

So mostly I've stuck to the plainer diet especially for lunch at work. I would dabao porridge from those zcp stall with a fried egg/steamed egg and plainer meat. Buy one can of pickled cucumber from the provision shop and eat them. Sometimes I dabao that for dinner. There were a few nights I cooked Instant noodles with egg for dinner. Myjo's Garlic Chicken flavor tastes good as soup noodles instead of dry. My favorite Curry flavor is out. Sometimes I eat rice but eat simpler stuff too.

Then Tab was away and the rest didn't meet up. So I had no excuse to eat out much. Just dabao Yong Tau Foo soup for dinner. Then this week when I saw the sinseh for the weekly follow-up, my condition had improved but still need to maintain it...

But when Tab flew back, that night before she arrived, I was munching on a fried Taiwan style 鸡扒, ate a few pieces with the batter on, bliss. Then for the rest, peeled off the batter and just eat the lean chicken instead. That was my lunch cos I didn't have time for lunch and just ate a few peanuts. We ate pasta and I had my soup, Hokkaido pasta upsized. Felt satisfied. That was Tuesday.

Thursday after Krav Maga, I had a localized style jap bento, with salmon and stir-fried beef. It's not high quality but I am happy with warm food. My canned drinks are mostly lukewarm and diet versions. Was telling Tab I am having craving for Nasi Bryani of all things but felt better after dinner.

Friday, I arrived earlier at CityHall earlier. Due to my porridge lunch, I wasn't sure if I could last until dinner time, 7pm plus everyone can't be earlier. So I went to buy the Best Fries Forever, Large with extra sauce. Its my first time buying a Large one. I got the Gusto Garlic and the Ole Ole Creamy Salsa sauce. Found a seat near the standing tables. Put them on the seat beside me and started eating. It's really nice to have 2 different sauces cos when u are kinda sick of eating one, u change to the other and experience a diff taste altogether. Happily munched 3/4 of it. Quet came and finished up the rest. We went to look at Nam Nam, but it had a rather long queue.

Quiet suggested Menya Musashi, we walked there, no queue n headed in. I ordered the Tsukenmen only because I get upsize the noodles, til a max of 5 times. I went for 2 times cos despite the fries in my stomach, I was still kinda hungry. Ate the 2 times and finished all the soup. Maybe if I am really empty, can try 3 times. Had the white-based soup this time, it's lighter than the black. Really satisfied with a full belly. It's a sort of a simple bliss. Taste-wise also satisfied.

But I went back earlier cos I was nursing a sore knee-cap since last night. Didn't want to overtax it but I had to climb up and down stairs at work, walk out to buy lunch and also walk over to Clementi central to take the mrt. The mrt ride kinda aggravated it with the jerking movement of starting and stopping. Took a long bus ride home but sat throughout.

It's been a while since I have been so satisfied. As in eat until very full. Not a common occurrence nowadays with my diet, calorie-counting and now restricted diet. It came as no surprise that I could buckle an extra hole in my usual belt easily. It started with 4, then 6 now 7. Well that's the only plus of this restricted diet.

Last night was over-calories, today is pay-back. Plan to do a workout later on. Morning ate my卤米粉 large, then lunch is porridge with 菜心 mainly, ate some dishes my mom cooked. Had 2 Halloween peanut and caramel choc eyeballs. With a diet 7-up, plain water. That's 1083 calories. My max is 1690 calories. Dinner, planned to eat more porridge or small bowl rice with 菜心 and some of the dishes my mom cook for dinner.

Kinda of a lazy day cos of the weather. Will rest myself, knee cap and try to do a workout.

No comments: