Thursday, December 06, 2012

Unwell... Condition is ... too

Though I was feeling a bit under the weather 2 days back, headache from the wet humid weather, sinus hurt. I was still bravely wading on despite the slew of flu n influenza going round.

Bad habit of some co-workers who persist in coming but wear masks only. So in air-con environment, help to transmit virus to healthy people...

Up til yesterday after work, I was still fine. Then I went home to change, had to go see the sinseh for follow-up. I was planning to go Holland Village to buy some alcohol. Then it struck. Had stomachache b4 I left home. While waiting for my turn, I felt it got worse. Was afraid I would shit my pants. Felt the rumbles. After seeing the sinseh, just next door to my place, I decided to go home.

Sure enough that evening, I had ran to the toilet about 8 times. This morning, I seemed to be well until it re-started a bit. Ate Poh Chee pills and it stabilized my condition. I had 2 lessons to get through, another 2 later in the afternoon were cancelled cos the classes were quarantined.

When I reached my workplace, I grabbed a mask and put it on. It's not like me to do so but I don't want to spread diarrhea-causing virus to students. One of the lesson, I had to have close contact with students, more so I better shield them.

Luckily nothing happened. But in the 2 hrs between both of my classes, I was too mentally not able to focus cos also had a budding headache discomfort. I didn't want to stay in the air-conditioned staff room, so I grabbed my guitar and went to my room, just practice with the windows open with minimal air-con. At least my body can do something while my brain rests. Time seem to move on quickly and it was time for the other lesson.

I had to lead cos the leading one had a last-min time table change so he had 2 classes at the same time. So I was activated as the main. That class was well-disciplined and half of them are my own students. Had no problem with them, though they were the cheeky bunch. They could keep to task.

Once lesson was over, I went to ask for permission to go back earlier n see the doctor. Couldn't reach in time for the morning time. Had to get a number and go back for the afternoon slot. Later waiting, stomach acted up again. i counted about 6 times running to the toilet today. Got meds for my stomach n headache. For mc for today itself.

I was still hoping to go to work cos it's greatly inconvenient, I would lose the periods if I wasn't around.

Also I wanna go for Krav Maga as planned. Hope to recover by tomorrow. Though tomorrow is slightly heavier, it's Friday.

But my stomach can't stomach much. Need to eat very plain food. The sinseh also told me to eat very plain food, cos apparently my lack of control of eating cold stuff, raw, spicy etc brought my condition back to where it was...

No 冷,生,辣,硬,酸,甜. Think I can eat grass, drink plain water n 做仙.

No comments: