Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Hungry n driving me nuts at night

I think I shall refrain from eating porridge at night for dinner instead. For lunch is okay. At most eat again later on in the afternoon.

But at night, it's crazy... Imagine I ate at 6pm, by 8pm I am getting the munchies. Ate a few Jap snacks. Then by midnight, all I am thinking of is food cos the hunger pangs came on. I could literally feel my stomach growling n protesting in hunger.

Partly this is a sign of my improved condition, aka appetite is getting better, feel hungry.

It's a nuisance, cos here I am trying to sleep but all I am thinking of is how long since I've had a BK Whopper, how juicy it is, how nice to have a large bite into one and chew it slowly... Argh

Last night I had something similar and it was about KFC instead. The common denominator is I had porridge for dinner. I managed to sleep last night, woke up and forgot about it cos I didn't rush to the nearest KFC n stuff my face with fried chicken.

In fact I ate pretty healthy stuff today until after dinner when the munchies came. Just managed 100 calorie deficit cause of the snacking. Otherwise it would have been 220 calories deficit.

Just made myself drink a pack of milk to quell the hunger pangs, now stomach has something more food-like, felt better, all thoughts of that burger just disappeared... Don't feel like munching so bad. Now finally sleep can come.

Man this is tough, I'm not sure if this is brought on solely by the better appetitive, I believe the restricted diet is a cause too. Eating porridge is also not long-lasting in terms of keeping hunger at bay. Usually after a few hours, hungry and have I eat again.

So just in case I wake up tomorrow and forgot about this, this entry is to remind myself to only eat porridge for lunch. Dinner has to be rice at least.

No comments: