Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ash-based Highlights

I was thinking of high-lighting my hair. Had toyed with the idea of doing it around April. Think the main reason was job wasnt secured until somewhere around then.

But then I reminded myself. A highlight plus hair cut wont be so expensive that it would break the bank. *Mine cost $214.80 (ouch) with treatment* Plus if I waited until April, there's no significant things on the calendar except it would mean a new school year has started.

Plus I've been a rather frugal person with or without job. I had worked extra hrs in assignment to earn extra too which I dilligently save. I dont buy things on a whim or fancy and many stuff dont really catch my whim all the time. And I had hit replenishing back the drain on my $30k personal reserve. So I am on-track financially work-wise at least for my goals in this one year contract which ends in March. So though next school year things are not certain. I think I deserve something. Even if its a pricey hairjob.

Plus my birthday is looming in the near horizon and CNY is around the corner. Fine, I am not so much of a Christmas nor New Year person but at least by bdae held more significance for me. So I've decided to call for an appt and get it done.

It was a lazy Sunday. Absolutely no plans, plus family showed no signs of going anywhere. Also the going out, eating out, walking around, were all done yesterday. Time was passing pretty slowly.

I decided on Ash base colour. Ash with gold, ash with brown. Its something I've been liking but didnt really colour. So far all my highlights all tended towards copper. I dont really like the copper though it does brighten my face.

Hmm think my colour looks quite golden but can see the Ash colour. When the first colour removing job was done, I had very very golden hair. Look so lian. Even took a pic then after the colours applied, not so golden. Think need to see under the sun, for now, under the home white light and orange light, doesnt seem too obvious. I am quite happy with it except for the long 3.5hrs on the chair. Have to wash hair with the special shampoo for the next 4 washes.

Argh plus CNY songs playing all the way. OMFG, its like listening to oldies all over again. And all the tune are the same with various variations of "dong dong chiang". You have "dong dong chiang", "dong chiang, dong chiang", "dong dong dong chiang"... and so on. Get the drift? I felt quite tired through all the waiting... With all the dong dong chiang, also quite hard to just relax. Phew next time I would reconsider getting a hair job so close to CNY though.

A Happy Birthday to Me, though it meant getting older, I dont have to look my age yet.

No comments: