Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Potential to be Friday the 13th

Sat had the potential to be the Friday 13th for me. Really is like pazhi clash so bad cos everything that could go wrong, went wrong. A whole lotta of series of mishap. Its Murphy's Law all over again.

First, had a light breakfast of Bee Hoon. My mom cooked it quite early. So I ate that as breakfast. Wanted to make sure I conserve calories for the heavy dinner. But after eating, suddenly there's a slice of cake put to my face. Huh? Apparently its a slice of the choc cake my sister brought back... So ate it.... bububu my calories.

Then head out for guitar. Took the bus since both buses, managed to hop off on, straight on to the other. Usually I would reach just in time, even earlier cos surprisingly the buses can travel to town quite fast. Unfortunately, this time it didnt. Kena jammed for 10 mins in Holland V area. Also kena jammed at the Orchard stretch. Just when the destination almost in sight, got a bus break down in the bus lane just 1 bus stop from my stop! Grr ended up half hour late. But managed to catch up and then lesson ended earlier. 10mins earlier... So I travelled 1.5hrs just to attend a 20min lesson! OMFG!!!

Fine, decided to eat my Korean tofu soup and coffee at Po Mo. Bought Toto. Those went smoothly. But then after I had 4.5hrs to kill. I seriously suck really bad at killing time. I walked over to the Cathay to check out movie timing. None of the movies appealed to me. Walked over to PS, again its the same listing of the movies. Fine. I went to Daiso and ended up with 2 snacks, 1 nose pore cream, 1 pair of leg warmers (I wanted to get a pair for my legs cos sometimes my legs really cold but today when I tried, it cant fit my thick legs.... so they became my 2nd pair of arm warmers. Man only my slimmer sister could squeeze her legs in but she also say is tight)

After that, I took a bus to Suntec. Walked over to Marina and again no movies I wanted to watch. I didnt want to watch romance nor chinese movies nor horror. I actually forgot that Suntec itself had a theatre... so didnt check it out. So in resignation, I walked over using umbrella to Esplanade. I settled in the library cafe with 2 mags about guitars. Ordered a milkshake and the guy gave me back less $1 change... effectively overcharging me... Signz I give up. Also I wanted to avoid more calories but guess just cant.... Just plock down on the sofa for 2 but I took up the whole thing and just surfed internet with I-phone and stoned. Later I read through the guitar magazines. When I was about finished, got a msg to meet up with Tab.

I walked over back to the Mrt. Went down the wrong escalator to the wrong line, then had to escalate up and go to the right one. Then at the change of trains, I got into the wrong train and managed to get out before the doors closed... Then met Tab, by then I was too tired from one whole day out killing time to go style my hair with the spray, cream and stuff that I put in my bag. Just changed into contacts and ruffled hair a bit. Phew. Made it to Brewerks safely.

It was actually cold there cos the fan plus maybe the aircon vent was just above us. Incentive to order beer. I had a dark lager that is very light tasting. It reminds me of Guiness Draught but even lighter and more flavourful. We decided to order first so each of us got a beer and ordered 2 plates of finger food, fries and tortilla with dips. Then when Krynnder came, we ordered the King burger, buffalo wings and sausages. Happy eating and drinking. Surprisingly not that full after all that, nor drunk. But its really pretty good food and beer.

Quetzal ordered the Black Rabbit, which is surprisingly sweet also and has 2 contrasting taste. At first sip, its light bitter then the aftertaste hits which is completely non-bitter and pleasant. Its really like having something jump in the mouth due to the contrasting flavours. Krynnder's beer is honey fruity. Its a very very sweet beer. Its light and fruity, quite refreshing but the aftertaste is really very sweet. Its good too. All these beer-drinking makes me wanna brew my own beer. It'll be SYL brand I tell ya, so no need to pay huge bucks for YSL. Tempted by the tower of beer but without ZX, the beer powerhouse, just us girls, we just settled for 500ml each. Thanks Candle for the new bottle of Caramel Baileys so that I can make Tiramisu again. My old bottle is past the best date, so can drink myself lor. Will make some 'caramel brown cow' to help me sleep. Not use to make stuff for others.

Nectarie removed the strudels from their menu. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My red wine pear strudels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sob sob it was delicious while it lasted. Settled for waffles that werent too bad but still not comparable to the strudels... Sob sob now have to try to learn how to make my own strudels.... sob sob so much effort to eat something that is so delicious and only cost $6. The last time I ate with Tab, she asked me why I dont experiment how to make one. My reply was that I rather pay $6 to eat such a perfectly delicious one with minimal effort on my part. Signz... maybe that can be my next experimental cooking project. I already have in mind a good wine to use to soak the pears but just thinking of the 'work'...  Haiz I should have eaten more before... So we sat around at Nectarie, ate desserts and drank hot tea. It was very heavy rain and stuff. Got chauffered home. At least the later part of the day was truely enjoyable.

To more good beer and food but gotta watch the calories.

No comments: