Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Sat with Dad and Sister

At 4pm, after hours of cable tv, Geoky asked dad to drive us out. We drove to Suntec then showed my dad how to walk over a very short distance to Marina Square. He's never been there. Then without much goal, we showed him the parts with lots of restaurants. The basement area, the fast food belt, the main part. Then we ate an early dinner at the foodcourt. It's been a really long while since I've eaten there.

I end up eating the Claypot curry with rice (cos no bread) It taste good except I feel guilty eating. But the cold n wet weather plus really very long didn't eat this stall, so I still ordered. My sister had claypot rice, my dad had pig organ soup. After that we walked around a bit more then made our way back to Suntec.

I remembered the suntec convention foodcourt has this very nice soybean n you Giap. Really felt like having that too. I asked my sis whether she wants warm soymilk. She was agreeable. So I got 3 cups of warm soymilk, 2 youtiao and she wanted green thing, 2. The extra was meant for mom who didn't come.

On the drive back, really enjoyed the still warm soymilk with the super crispy n chewy n flavorful you tiao. I think it even wins the one at Prinsep St. Very satisfying esp since it started raining again. When we got home, my mom tried them and said the you tiao is still really good (soften a bit) and goes very well with the not-so-sweet soymilk. Really nice. I can consider having some whenever I am in the area.

No comments: