Sunday, October 26, 2008

A 'hectic' weekend

Hmm actually quite a fair number of things I did this weekend. Its just that none of them extremely memorable or rather I cant seem to remember when I am trying to find things to blog. So I have to jog my memory as I re-trace things that I've done. See if some funny things turn up.

K, Friday, met up with Tab, FH and Candle for dinner at Big O. Thereafter went to Borders to buy books. End up getting near 45% discount for regular priced books plus I applied for membership but the card is in Tab's custody cos she frequents it more than I do. Also I often hang around with her, so chances are WHEN I wanna buy books, she be around with the card. Grudgingly handed over my card. That's it.

Saturday, went out to the Music school to be 'assessed'. Went with my sister cos she headed to the This Fashion outlet there. I hang with her cos Tab hadnt called me. In the end, I ended up buying a top. Met up with Tab, head to the music school, had to wait quite a bit. I could skip about 1.5months for the 1st level. So next comes the slotting of classes. The one I wanted on Sat was full! WTF? So fast? So there's another at Friday, late evening, into their 2nd month of lesson which I can join. So I signed up for membership and they'll call me up in about 2-3 weeks to tell me when to go for the class. So soon, my fridays are days I'll be out in town.

Then walked over with Tab to the GuanYin temple cos Candle wanted to go qiu qian for her love life and relocation question. While waiting for her, cos the weather was hot and sunny plus I needed the toilet. We headed to the nearby OG. I came out with a pack of nougots and a pocky-like snack.

Tab headed to Bugis Junction cos she saw the crowds throning at the temple and didnt want to wait around in that. I met up with Candle and headed inside. I didnt qiu cos the only remaining qn unasked would either be my love life or whether I would strike 4d or 1st,2nd prize in Toto. Didnt feel like asking. So I stood around until she finished and we looked at the answers using the qian book. Both for her are status-quo. Well at least its not negative bad news. We headed over to give thanks and put in donation, ask for a 'fu' to put in wallet and also eat a sweet from the offerings. That being done, we walked back to Bugis Junction.

Met up at the Fries place, a small food stall that sells fries (freshly fried after you order) with different sauces. Went for Garlic yougurt and Salsa. Both quite nice. Then walked around looking for Candle's dress. Stopped at MOF for a late breakfast+lunch+dinner for me. Breakfast I ate a bit of yam cake, then half the fries but it was around 4pm then. Verdict - the watermelon dessert in MOF are very light and refreshing. Siok esp the Watermelon Kakigori. Ordered the pork rice, tamago boto which is more egg than rice. Instead of egg sushi with lots of rice and thin slice of egg. Its egg-wrapped rice. Plus the surprisingly tasty and light Unagi salad. Its very filling. (Didnt really feel hungry until around 12am, cooked and ate instant noodles) Later after walking, I chanced upon a belt with an interesting way of belting up. Its like the two buckles lock only when a piece of metal is slide through the interlocking holes. Much like those old, ancient chinese door concepts with the sliding wood lock. So its only 5 bucks. Bought one.

Candle left later and Tab and I headed to Raffles City. We walked around and I bought Jellybeans and Sugar-free Butterscotch sweets at Mark's and Spencer's. Then we continued walking aimlessly around until I felt kinda tired and we sat for dinner at Coffee Club. Koup the salad and a few wedges cos still felt kinda full. After that we headed home.

They both went back empty-handed. I bought 6 items. Though mostly food stuff.

Sunday, went to the gym only to find my fittness dwindled after a few weeks of absence. Sian. Need to build it up again. Then headed to see the sinseh and after that treat family to dinner. The rest were good but today's curry fish head a bit watery, so sad.

___________________________________________

Incidentally many weeks back, maybe about a month ago. I had a dream where I won Toto and I remember the numbers from my dream. I went about to dilligently buy it until this week where I forgot about it. Then this thursday, 4 of the 6 numbers I remember opened. Well if I had bought my usual, its only $20 payout. BUT if I had bought System Roll, it would mean, $2500 in prize. Technically I could do that cos I have 6 numbers, I only need to choose 5 and R the rest. Then I still have that combination. The downside of this is its more expensive, $20 per draw. Still if I had done it, still could net in more than $2k. Signz. K lemme go to sleep more and dream of more numbers. I better remind myself in the dream to memorise those numbers.

Now I am not sure whether to buy those numbers still? Hmm... better treasure this Lucky year for Monkey before its over. It's gonna be over soon. NO!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: