Tuesday, October 21, 2008

More movies

Today after being released from the national marking, I headed down alone to catch Max Payne, as a sort of reward, cos I was frantically marking for so many days, even managed to finish 1.5 of my 2 stacks. Also to prove that it cant be worse than yesterday's movie, also a sort of replacement for the unrelaxing movie yesterday.

Headed to same venue cos by the time released, could only watch early evening show. Reached, ate food, hung at BK and did some more marking. Headed to watch the movie.

Verdict, its a lousy movie too, BUT it still beats yesterday's one hands-down.

Reasons?

Its shorter, 1.5hr.
Its also brainless.
It had better action, lots of guns
It had some special effects.
It had actors who are 'easier' on the eyes.

Though the plot or even the execution of the movie could be better. It still beat yesterday's one. I got to relax my brain and just leave it on standby mode. Bad ending though. Then again, the plot is also typical. And its not about angels and devils.

Then made my way back home. At least, I got what I wanted. At least I wasnt tempted to walk out, make snide remarks.

____________________________________________

Incidentally,

arrived home and asked my sister who had watched it on Sunday but had fallen asleep by the time I reached home to ask her about her comments. Her verdict: It SUCKS! She couldnt understand the lameness of the plot and the setting and plot are seriously out-dated in this day and age, no matter how far, they try to portray different eras. She reminded me she had sent me an sms regarding what she thought, ie read the manga is better, many confusing elements.

Then I told her, why didnt she JUST plainly tell me, DONT WATCH COS IT SUCKS. Next time if she goes out watching movies, which she does very regularly, I shall ask her for feedback and stick to it.

No comments: