Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tiredz... need more be said

Reason: dabaoing worksheets, stacks of them over the past 2-3 weekends, plus almost everyday this week. Mark until the wee hours of the morning, 2-3am. Then concuss and set alarm to insane hours to continue marking but end up being too tired, then sleep a bit more until no time left in the early morning to mark. Last night was no different, played 2 dvd (rental) and marked this thick stack of ws. By the time both movies ended (starship trooper 3 and alvin and the chipmunks), there was still a page left. I left it for morning, which I managed to finish.

So I leave my pupils with most of their work except a math wb and a set of eng unit ws. Which I will finish and return when I return to work on wed. The next 4 days are going to be spent in another venue, marking. The working hours follow the so-called office hours. But marking is an intensive affair, draining. Pity those who end up having to mark composition for 4 days, can puke (from personal experience of marking own paper) My hats off to those who can manage one of the toughest of things to mark in the Eng language - Wu Ti Tou Di
_________________________________________

Yay, passed the Jap test today despite having a huge-blackhole-in-my-head. Due to the hours spent doing marking, hardly had time to revise. Though I had studied the week before, cant seem to recall much. I tried vainly to look through once, on the train to class but it was difficult cos I had firstly, slept at 3am the night before, secondly had a full day of meeting and class, and also squeezed tight like sardine in a damn crowded MRT during the rush hour. Plus was lugging my speakers around, kinda bulky and heavy in a crowded mrt.

Arrived and headed to the 7-11 and bought a can of Red Bull. Sipped it and headed up. When I arrived, others had started long ago. Usually I would be 45mins to 1hr late cos I had to travel straight from workplace. Workplace is far and inaccessible. Takes me that long to arrive.

Sat down, started and looked at the paper. Oh man, suddenly cant remb most of the grammar sentence stuff I was trying so hard to read through. Brain hiatus alert! Just tried to do every qn, reading slowly to roughly comprehend what it was saying and cracking my skull vainly to recall those Verb forms to use to no avail. But I did recall a bit of the classwork done in the 1hr I usually manage to attend every week and just got through. Did I mention I was the last one out. Cos most had finished by the time I had arrived. Most left. I was left with another lady inside. When she finished and handed in, I was the last one (a rarity cos we usually finish fast but that was if we started at the same time) Oh well, it was a quiet environment. I was only at Section 7, got 10 sections. Took my time to signz, scratch my head, shift my leg position... cross one way, cross the other way. Finally finished, just handed in, only briefly checked left no blanks. Walked out to find Tab reading a comic outside. We went back in to check if we passed. Yes both passed.
__________________________________________

Went for dinner, Salmon hot pot with fried potatoe cake. So far been faithful to my food diary and am making better choice in food. Hope to see some results when I jump on the weighing scales tomorrow. Have stuck rigidly to the unsugared 1litre of green tea routine and avoided eating out unnecessarily, plus avoided oily food. Only hope I can keep this up more long term to lose weight long term.
__________________________________________

Watching the market with interest yet not able to monitor fully like my dad could. BUT even him doesnt know how this finacial turnout will play out. It could be a temporary rebound or a bottom-ing of the fall. Its anyone guess at this point. Its an interesting case to look at. BUT sadly I cant afford that time of time, energy to monitor it extensively. The most I do is to check the closing prices of the kiv stocks in excel, Dow and ST index. Listen to a bit of the Bloomberg when my dad switches to that while I am online like now.

Tom I be bringing that thick book of TA, that I will attempt to read during any free time in-between marking, and finish from that mid-point which I have been stuck hopelessly for more than 3years. Maybe can try to read the chart of the current situation. Well at least its something to help out my aim to be a skilled investor.
__________________________________________

My dad always says “人赚钱,慢。钱赚钱,快。"

I agree totally.

No comments: