Saturday, July 11, 2009

A hardworking weekend

This is just one of those days where one is bored and tired at the same time. My usual routine is to go for guitar, then meet up with friends, reach home a bit late, past midnight. Then I would pick up my guitar and practice what I've learnt. Mostly by the time I finished 1/2 hr or so later, I would have nailed the new strumming, plucking, memorized the melody. Then sleep.

On sat, I wake up and practice again. By then it's to practise playing more smoothly, match the tempo of the song, changing strumming patterns within the song. At times I am bored, stressed, practise longer. Would finish one session, put guitar aside and do other stuff then pick it up again. It's easier to play since I've adjusted the strings nearer to the fret. Today is no exception.

Evaluation is coming in another 3 weeks time. I've chosen my song as did my classmate. The instructor would teach the melody and interlude parts. Now learning the classmate's song of choice, "I'm yours" by Jason maraz. Mine will be taught next week. Okay for the lesson, I kinds got lost, looking and listening to the playing and effects and the muting playing involved. I was confused about the introd and how to adapt that to the verse, PLUS I didn't like the song. I kinda found it irritating cos it's a fake happiness song. BUT I still practises it last nite, got bits of it then continued another 3-4 sessions to somewhat play better. Still doesn't sound as good as my instructor's playing, but is way better than what I was playing last nite. My grouse is that I cannot 'feel' the music cos it's irritatingly fake happiness. I don't mind practising and learning the techniques but still don't like it. I look forward to learning my song "jiang nan" by JJ next week.

Today haven't done anything except sleep late, play guitar, online, nap, watch anime, play guitar, play guitar until finally my fingers felt sore and forefinger grew red from all the friction that sliding up and down the fret to bar that song. Then watched tv, bathed and it's near 10. Left with studying for jap test. I want to clear most to all of the chapters this weekend cos work is too hectic to have time and energy to study, trust me on this, I have studied for the other test during weekdays and of was both tiring and tedious. Less stress on weekend, also more leisure pace.

Feeling more accomplished at the moment and still energetic enough to study late into the night. My share book reading is put on hold until after jap test, but still do daily tracking.

Posted using Uru, lazy to just switch on laptop to blog and surf a short while.

No comments: