Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lazy Sunday

I was hardworking. Finished 1 chpt last nite, slept.

Woke up today and finished 1 more chpt.

Then practised guitar again.

Wanted to go out, its a nice weather today. But remembering to spend more time with siblings plus still had work and 1 chpt, also didnt have a destination in mind, ended up watching tv and sleeping.

I did help to cook though, fried onions with egg and a brinjal aka eggplant. I like the style that Chinese Za Cai hawkers cook brinjal. Its sliced into small pieces, soft, with very nice dark sweet sauce, with bits of minced meat. I was talking with my mom about it. She mentioned should be some normal sauce that add a bit of sugar. So while she entrusted the task of frying the onion egg and brinjal to me. I tried to make my own version of the sauce.

Err a bit of dark soya, light soya, sugar and corn starch, mixed with water. Then added oil to fry ikan bilis then added the brinjal, when its mostly cooked, added sauce and let it stew. I had it stewing for 5-8 minutes. The verdict, it tasted not bad, except it wasnt salty, sauce hasnt stewed into the brinjal enough, though it was soft enough, and also the lack of meat to add to the overall taste. I would give it a 3 out of 5. Note to self, stew more 15-20mins, add minced meat, a bit more light soya sauce.

After that havent done anything productive, watched tv, slept. Waiting for sister to come back and see if we are going to do our 'Stake-Out' to bio a shuai ge. I am trying to rest enough then go do last chpt in one sitting, and still have admin work to do very very reluctantly.

No comments: