Monday, July 07, 2008

JB trip

Yesterday, I was hesistating whether to go back to workplace on Mon(a school holiday in lieu of Youth Day) to do marking. I had finally managed to leave the workplace on friday without dabaoing anything. Cos many a times dun even mark it over the weekend. Really think I need my rest/fun without having a constant nagging at the back of my head regarding work dabaoed but not touched on Sat and Sun. It becomes another form of stress.

Yesterday, I was quite adamant that I want to start studying for Jap exam which is coming real soon. In fact I was going to wake up early to do so. Maybe can finish 1-2 chapters even.

Both plans went flushing down the drain, when my dad mentioned that he would be going into JB today. He had some banking, share things to do. SO without hesistation, I told him I am FREE to go with him.

Great planning huh? or another point of view would be 'Wow, such flexible plans!'

So today got up near 9am. We set off around 9.30am, jammed a bit, reached Pelangi near 11am. Headed to the share investment firm, where my dad had a broker there. Looked at some Msian counters, not much volume. Then went to eat. After eating went back to check on the counters again. Still not much volume, especially Seller volume. Over lunch, decided to buy a particular counter cos the sell volume quite high, price low enough. I took 5lots, then go to bank again to transfter money using the RM in the msia bank account from the sale of previous shares quite a while ago. Its sitting inside earning 0.4% interest. Might as well make work more. Went to the Popular to restock my stationary supplies, spent Rm70+ Basket its a conspiracy! White board refills are no longer sold in bottles. NOW you have to buy a refill cartridge which costs abt S$1 or Rm$2.90. Imagine, your marker only costs $2. WTF!!!
Just have to change to disposable ones which are much cheaper but not environmentally friendly cos that one cartridge dun last very long. Its so little...

After that headed to CitySquare. Went to bank again. Later walked around. Hmm it reminded me of the previous trip with Tab and Quetzal when we went to Jasco and eventaully landed up in CitySquare. Havent been there in more than 7months. There are some clothes to look at, but since I have gained quite alot of weight, cant exactly fit nicely into my pants... but didnt feel like looking for new ones. Its a goal to quickly lose some weight to fit back inside... SIANZ >_>

Walked around checking out the food places, there's Kenny Rogers, Secret Recipe, Sushi King, some laksa, korean, japanese at the basement. Then 3rd floor got another belt of food, including the Portugese eggtart, which I dabaoed for my family. On the 6th floor there's Food Junction. Saw a push cart full of bags, with a cat on it. Its quite common in Spore, kept thinking how Tab may end up going 'Kawaiiiii!!!!' if she was there. Saw Kungfu panda soft toys. However I did end up buying quite a few packs of local products, like banana chips, taro chips, instant ginger tea powder, another Rm30

On the way back still jammed a bit. Then reached home kinda stoned near 5pm. Wanted to hang a bit but when smsed Tab, she no reply. K just settled for logging in and maybe watching some Dvds later.

No comments: