Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Monkey

Karma is a strange thing.

It works in funny ways that makes one wonder if everything is a joke to the One Big One up above?

I am painfully reminded of this karmic cycle when I am having a real sick time in the workplace before lessons. Either feel unwell, very jialat, or tired or blue or sian. Then I would tell myself to 'take it easy' for that day to conserve energy.

Yet EVERYTIME I do that, that day would be one of the most jialat days. End up scolding, screaming, shouting for all sorts of things. End of the day feels like shit. Not just feel like a pile, its a splattered pile after its been trampled all over. By the time I reached home, exhuasted, eyes are closing any minute type. Throat hurting that I have to resort to the use of drinking warm honey water to cure it.

Then like today, I also feel very very jialat, blue, unwell. Had a less serious case of phelgm cake just as I was about to leave my home, but managed to make it to the toilet. Needless to say, just want that day to be over after the morning lessons and contact time. Was totally reluctant to go for the afternoon lessons. I dug in and braced myself for more rubbish... Surprisingly had an easier time, exceeding expectations.

Karma or just that yesterday's scolding effects have not worn off yet?

Oh well, met up with Tab for dinner to chill out. Both of us needed it.

Work for her irks her now and then.
For me, work irks me to no end.

Later ended up in Shaw. I at first wanted to drink something warm. Settled instead for a Happy Meal.

Got Monkey.

When I tore the package and saw Monkey, I gave Tab a face and asked her,

"Do you know what THIS reminds me of when I see it?"

"You are not getting enough of it lah, I tell you."

"What?"

"Only people like you and FH thinks of such stuff..."

"So, by the same argument, IF I am not getting enough, and that's why I am 'seeing' things... If you are not seeing things, it means that you are getting enough of it?"

"Yar though NOW I am not getting it also, but I am on my way there. Unlike you, who is not getting any."

"..."
"But I tell you, if I show it to my sisters, they will tell me the same thing."


"Then I am going to say the same thing to you and your sisters. You are not getting enough of it."

A most interesting conversation about getting it and not getting it.
Do you get it? :P

No comments: