Sunday, July 06, 2008

New Places

Friday, after dinner,Quetzal drove Candle, Tab and moi to Portsdown road to check out this famous pub there? But it had such a long waiting list that we settled for something else nearby. Didnt remb the name of the place. But drinks prices are okay, not as cheap cos after happy hours. 10% service charge, no GST. Felt like I was in Northern spore, cos the ulu-ness of dark roads that lead to nowhere, isolated bungalows that seemed uninhabited. Scary.

I was doing my best not to brush past any tree branches. Cos it seemed that my right elbow was hurting could be due to doing that whilst I was in Segamat. I seemed to remember brushing against some plant at the roadside while walking along the Msia roads sometime in the early evening. The sinseh suspected its 'dirty' after it didnt recover after 2 weeks of medication plus massage. Then he chanted something and it hurt less when he pressed it. Signz, so he helped 'exorcise' my elbow and told me not to look at longang (drain and the water) for a week. That was about 2 weeks back. So I really tried very very very hard not to look at longangs. But accidentally looked once within that week but adverted my eyes. K so if we go somewhere quite ulu, u see me keep my hands to myself, wrapped in my jacket.

Sat after dinner at Waraku, with Tab and FH, we walked along Clark Quay to look for a supposedly good dessert place. Found one, Nectarine, near the taxi stand, tcc. It has very good home-made ice-cream and Strudels. They also have sandwiches, cakes and waffles. Tab ordered Lavendar-honey ice-cream, its light and refreshing. They have other flavours, a hot one seems to be the Jack Danial's ice-cream, which was sold out.

I ordered Red Wine Pear strudel and the crust is very crispy, the cream light and the pears very tasty. The pears are poached in red wine and very soft. When you bite it, you can taste the pear and the red wine. After a few slices of pear, my throat felt a bit warm. Hmm alcoholic pears. Maybe I should make my own? Vodka apple? They dun serve water so have to order a drink. So-so for the drinks but I will definitely go back to try out the other Apple, Pineapple, Mango, Strawberry strudels, even to dabao for my mom who has a sweet tooth.

No comments: