Thursday, May 13, 2010

$$$ and I have 3 feet

Just reached home after my assignment, already quite late and I am stoned but I take micro-rest on the bus, train journey. So more awake now still.

This post is inspired on the train journey. This is somewhat reminscient of my past 'temp' and 'intern' days where I work on a full-time hours and still headed out to work after. But I had 2 then max abt 3 sessions. But more 'free' time yet little energy or stamina to do much stuff. That was working 2 jobs to get one decent income.

Now, though I took a paycut for the full-time, with the extra stuff, it has effectively bumped my income higher than my last pay. But I have to work for it with extra hours. Yet there is a difference, it is I chose to do so. I don't need the extra income but it is definitely welcomed, to help
build up the diminished personal reserve, save extra for end-of-year lump sum insurance payments. That's the short-term goal. So I have 2 feet and am dabbling in two diff aspects for work, generating 2 incomes though one is more unstable.

And Yet I am not just passing time this way, cos I actually spend time doing courses, pursuing interests though the current 3 of jap, guitar and the impending driving continuation seems taxing at times yet when I do them, I rather enjoy them on different levels. So that's the 3rd feet in
dabbling with stuff but the possible 3rd income is from the investment portfolio. The recent big falls recently saw me selling some counters to 'lock-in' the gains, also the falls in subsequent days saw me buying a couple of lots as they reach my target price. Though immediately the following day, I lost on paper cos prices fell more but by now, less than a week, those has risen back to slightly higher than my purchase price. How will things be like tomorrow? Dunno if even greater falls, or rises, not much capital left. My updating is affected by my many days of consecutive days heading put, so I am writing on paper then transfer on weekends? Not actively monitoring live prices nor trading. Have to stay invested longer I guess until I can work out a more effective way to do this.

No comments: