Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Market down = Opportunities to enter but beware of entering Too early

Stoned and zoned out a bit and lost my train of thoughts.

The stock market turned downwards within May and I didnt have that much time to monitor. My dad who started talking to me just last weekend mentioned that its going into bear.

So on Monday, I checked stock prices in my portfolio and sold off 1 lot from 2 counters that I bought and held on using cpf. This two lots are from the time of the previous America mkt meltdown, so the gains are quite nice. Though I didnt sell at the 'best' time aka the highest price, but at least locked in most of the gains. Too bad everything goes back to cpf. At least hopefully, free up some funds for cpf investment. I better see and make sure they transfer the funds back to cpf asap.

After selling off that cpf lots, the rest of my lots are IN THE RED!!! Cos in the recent week, prices have plunged quite a bit. So those shares that I bought using cash, some prices have reached LOWER than what I paid for, hence in the red. BUT I comfort myself that IF I can find the capital, cos almost used up all liao, I can use this as an opportunity to look for a good buy-in price. There might be more down-side in the recent few days, weeks. But on the other hand, I dont want to over-stretch myself and lock up too much of my liquid money inside the market.

So after almost exhausting my capital, the miserably bit left, short of using my reserve account, I am adopting a "Wait and see". Cos already bought in some, so in not that great a hurry to buy. Cos in a down-trend, the earlier you buy, the more it falls and the redder the losses get. I do tell myself that though I would wish to trade but if there's nothing to gain from Short-term trading, then its more into the mid to long-term view.

Partly is like most capital inside liao. Invested, so whether like or dont like, is in for the ride, whether it is up or down. Its now on "Holding Power". Then if can find more funds, maybe buy-in at points which I think is cheap enough for that counter. I still have that bunch of Company Annual Reports on the floor of my room, waiting to be read. I did open them up, glance at a couple of numbers... and also send out forms for AGMs and also request forms for the annual reports around April period.

Now very stoned. Should be looking at the market closely, just checking some counter's prices on the laptop when I am free during work. I cant run java but can just check the prices to see if got good deals. And have to resort to using Broker instead of own trade cos cannot access my own account. Have to explore Mobile Trading and find out about that cos using brokers, commission is more expensive by about $10 for just less than 1/2 minute of conversation.

No comments: