Saturday, May 01, 2010

1 month of full time work

Not been updating as much partly due to heading out almost everyday after work. I would head home, bathe and change and then head out again. Either to go gym, go for work dinner, go for courses and stuff. Hardly at home much or by the time I reached home, too tired to switch on the laptop. Instead using I-Touch to check face book and a bit of stock prices.

Finally, reached the end of my first month at the new workplace. So far quite alright except though sometimes I wish to help more but not sure how I am supposed to help. Also that some things they need, I dont have ready-made stuff to use and making one from scratch takes alot of time and energy. Also dont always have inspiration to make such resource.

Finally reached the last round of dinner at workplace with collegues. Have been going to one every week for 3 consecutive weeks. Really meant my fridays are taken up. Cos one is for combined 3 schools, one is for my level, one is for this school alone. That meant all are the 'first' of its kind. Given in the Chinese culture, its respectful to attend the 'first', it meant attending all 3. Dinners so far have cost me $50+20+70 = $140. The one with much more delicious food is the one with the level. Ate at Manhill restaurant and the "Paper-wrapped chicken" is very good.

The other 2 are held in function room with buffet but the value is not there. Last night's one was really very very darn expensive "Za Cai Fan". I have been eating Za Cai Fan for quite a while, my area has cheap, delicious ones and even IF I order 2 meat, 2 veg, it at most cost $3.80. Last night's was $70 for a meal of "Za Cai Fan" dishes. Maybe to them its exotic but in no way does that qualify for the term "International buffet"? Think even Goodwood High tea is cheaper compared to what we paid. The locals were all like (saying to each other local) how very overpriced it was. To top it off, it was not delicious at all. Standard of dishes is only so-so. All heart-pain.

I'll be on holiday until thur when work resumes due to the Jap holiday called "Golden Week" Though its not really a week, I found out from collegues that it already started this thur in Japan itself but hasnt in S'pore for them. So its a shortened version of the original golden week. Hmm... One of the conversation lines going around was asking each other what they plan to do for the week. Quite a few are going back to Japan, some are going to the IR, some are going travelling abroad to nearby Asian countries.

Me? I plan to sleep more, exercise more at the gym, go for maybe a haircut plus highlight again, borrow some resources, catch up on my guitar practice (evaluation coming), catch up with friends, and also find some personal time. Not sure if I want to go visit ex-collegues at ex-schools... That one I have to see if I am up to it. Let me finish off today's assignment.

So far my schedule is still a bit tight cos of gym routine being upped to 3 times. but for the past 3 weeks, I have only gone twice. The third is hard to squeeze time for. But as I am in a sports club (cca) and I try to do with the students (including running for 10mins), maybe the 1hr x twice a week club activities can replace that 3rd gym session. Hmm.... hope last night's dinner wont make a dent on my waistline. I only ate a helping, taking every dish there.

Have to keep up the routine of exercise with proper meals at proper times plus better food choices, no desserts.

No comments: