Sunday, March 01, 2009

Heading out to reduce boredom

Late morning, I woke up to help my mom and dad carry their bags downstairs as they were heading back to Msia for a relative's son wedding. Incidentally he's my age.

Then after lazing around, washing my hair and letting it dry, I headed out with my sister, me - cutting hair, she - going to buy something. I brought my usual picture along to the usual salon I have been going for more than a year.

Reason? They can cut out the style I wanted and nicely too. Though its pricer compared to neighbourhood salons, but heck, if I dont spend some money to cut a nicer hair when I am already in my late 20s, and still young-looking enough to carry it off, and delay until I am in my late 30s, 40s then regret and start acting young, kinda off lor. Plus they did do a good job so far in my so many visits. My previous hair stylist quitted so I am without a fixed hair stylist. Though the handsome one did my last hair cut. I didnt make an appointment and just headed down as walk-in.

The rather handsome looking guy helped me washed my hair (though again, I cant see very clearly due to not wearing my spectacles, signz.) but he was not cutting, just doing washing. Another guy cut for me. It ended up shorter than the normal ones I cut under previous stylist and I look 'guy-ish' with this shorter version instead of 'femine' when the handsome one cut for me in the last visit. Okay, note to self, I shall just make an appointment for the more handsome guy to cut for me instead. So far his is the best version of the hairstyle. That will be another 2-3 months time again.

My sister doesnt believe in paying $35 for a hair cut. Then she saw the good looking one when she walked past and I headed in and she somewhat was saying, maybe when her hair got longer, she'll head there to try... LOL!
_____________________________________________

After I was done, I went home first. Before that, my youngest sister Geoky was complaining of being bored at home, being bored with life, being bored with going out cos she knows what are the stuff around already. She did comment I looked very 'butch' with the spiked-up hair when its gelled. Signz.

I told her I was heading out to buy more colourful looking polo work tshirts cos after throwing away a couple from wear and tear, I am left with 5 black ones, 2 in other colours. My mom was telling me cos she go and tell the sinseh about my near miss in 4D, that I shouldnt wear all black so often, it affects the luck. Okay fine, I shall wear my other colour t-shirts during weekend and mix more other colour polo t-shirts for work. I asked her whether she wanted to head out. Cos bored at home, bored go out, might as well go out and still be bored. Do something, suspend judgement and maybe wont be so bored anymore. She agreed.

I headed to Central to buy Polo Ts first but only managed to get 2 colours, blue and white. The rest were so off, purple, dark maroon blue, orange. The nicer colours of brown and light grey didnt have my size. WTF? Have to look for them later in other outlets. We headed to Sommerset and arrived with pouring rain.

We walked firstly to Hereen cos she wanted to check out the Manhunt thingy, oh btw its on the next 2 sat somewhere late noon, cant remember. Err dun think is my taste or her taste. We went to the toilet and looked around the basement and Altitude dining for dinner options. She didnt want those, so we headed over to Cineleisure. I was telling her about BBQ Chicken and trying it.

We walked over to look and loh and behold, Tab was there with her DF. They were about done by the time they saw us. DF kindly gave a 20% discount coupon (Thanks) and we used it. I ate Original chicken and my sister ordered Charboil chicken sandwich. Its nice and filling. We headed over to get a drink at Koufu (reason, was wanted a hot drink. For my stomach, its best I dun overwork it by drinking cold drinks after a meal, its extra burden for the stomach)

While we continued to scan the crowds for 'eye candy' and found none, we ate, drank and headed up to E-max to check out this store that sold Japanese idols pics etc and found it closed off. Then I saw quite a number of pple playing shooting games including gals. Maybe its the zombie game and counterstrike. I saw WII or was that X-box with Guitar Hero. Tempted but with sister and the cold weather, didnt play.

We walked over to Takashimaya to avoid the rain and walk through underground. Nothing much else. Headed to Isetan at Shaw cos she said she found this cheaper green tea ice-cream from the japanese supermarket and its really good. Surprisingly a big cup about $2.20 but it didnt come with spoon, so bought a pack of disposable ones to use. We headed upstairs to Shaw to eat and watch movie trailer. Its good and affordable Japanese brand green tea ice cream. Mmmmm... something to get the next time round, if I head there.

Later we headed to Far East to looksey and then took a direct but longer bus ride home. Very glad for a seat all the way home, as my legs were killing me. Cos just saw sinseh on Sat for sprained ankle plus other leg, the knee cap making crackling sound. The sinseh says is occupational hazard, I stood too much, the vein harden and affected the knee. The other is weight on foot. So I have to sit more during work and think I need to strengthen leg muscles and lose some weight.

Think overall, my sister wasnt as bored cos went to quite a bit of places, ate well too.

__________________________________________________

Now (10.45pm) I am going to fry the salmon that my mom defrosted but then left in the fridge. Lemme try my salmon-frying skill. Maybe that be my supper too or my breakfast or lunch.

No comments: