Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weight Loss 66.8kg now!

Though I havent eaten yet, but I had taken a crap and drank a big cup of water, I went to weigh myself. Usually this is how I weigh myself even for the heavier days of 69kg.

Down further to 66.8kg. A loss of 0.9kg from 67.7kg last week. To make sure that its not just water loss, I will weigh again a few more times later. But this is a fast, way faster method of weight loss so far and effective too.

Just have to control the urge to eat heavily after the swim or buy any sweetened drinks. So at times, just swimming so much in the water where everything smells chlorine, makes one less hungry after a workout. The thirst can be quenched with plain water or 0 calorie Oolong tea.

Yingel was telling me that she had checked online about the calories spent in an hour of swimming. For breast stroke, its about 500-700 calories. That's a lot remembering an adult's daily calorie intake is 2000-2500 calories. We take the lower end of 500 calorie as a gauge but dont really go count calories. Its just a good thing to know at the back of one's head. She wanted to lose further more weight from 58kg but seems to have reached a plateau so she is adopting a 5 small meals thingy so that the body will have energy throughout the day and get used to using energy all day.

Incidentally, most who dont take proper meals, eg extreme cases of 1 meal a day dont really succeed in losing weight because the body goes into 'starvation mode' and conserves energy. So in spite of eating less, the body uses lesser, so nett effect is the same. Also the body would accumulate and hence result in 'over-eating, eating non-stop' in some cases to replenish what it needed.

My Mom started a food diary and lost 1.5kg. My sister and I used food diary too. Hers is more elaborate, stating time of meal. For mine, its simple, a week at a time, with just 7 lines for Monday to Sunday, 3 extra lines per day, B, L, D and I just list down exactly what I had eaten or drank for each meal. I update it about 1-2 days at a go. It reminds you to be conscious in the selection of food. It doesnt mean that I cant eat Sweets, Desserts or Supper or Fried food, but its just that if I ate once in the week already, just consciously refrain from another in the week. Now I added a stick-person swimming as a icon for days I had exercised. Its like monitoring but much more lax manner. Think the swimming is helping a lot.

I will use this further weight loss as a motivation to go this Thursday too, despite it being an ULTRA long working day for me, spanning 11+ hrs. Then can use Sat and Sun as R&R days.

Target: University weight of 62kg and if can, 60kg
Time frame: this year until next, gradual weight loss
.
By the time I can fit into my 3/4 pants, older ones, I would most likely be there liao.

No comments: