Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Listen to your elders... maybe save you some grief, before Experience gives you a bashing

My parents are back. My father seeing me logging online, asked me the msian stock prices. I told him and he told me his perspective that cash is king now. I shouldnt over-invest. Bear market now, the longer one waits, the cheaper stocks get but have to catch the recovery cos it will be fast.

SIGNZ...

He was saying that he made the same mistake when he was younger and over-invested, plus went in too early.

Guess the real deal about life is that One is destined to repeat the mistakes of the parents, despite their good intention of telling/sharing with you their experiences, in hopes to save you from making the same mistake. To save the time, effort and anguish. Yet like the cycle of life, we as the inexperienced, know-it-all often always choose not to listen and instead went ahead to try and later come to learn the value of the lesson. Not that it was any different from the mistakes of parents/elders but cos the lack of experience meant that it cannot be 'experienced through a thought experiment' and had to be lived through.

Oh well. But again, that doesnt mean that all things your parents tell you about, based on their own experiences are valid. Cos there are prejudices, new developments, new technology. But on the other hand, there are truths to be gleamed from their wisdom. Do listen more carefully and not turn a deaf ear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, its me 1390.

The senseh was RIGHT!!!
This year I am in danger of losing all my classes due to extreme rental rates through no fault of my own.

Had been negotiating my ass off and running around, scouting and dealing and praying got cheap and affordable places to take up.

Just dealt with another tuition centre provider under our BRANDNAME.

2007 Negotiation skills 5/30
2009 Negotiation Skills *Mastery*

If the sensei didnt give advanced warning, my duck power (ya li aka stress) can travel up to the strastosphere.

Now things have stabilized a bit. Am of the mind, to come out during the one week holidays on 14/3 to rest a bit and consult sensei.

Must really brush up my observation powers of people and their characteristics to uncover nasty landmines BEFORE they blow up your business cooperation.

Personality Landmines Detection 0/30
Emotional Mastery
5/100
Courage to strike out on one's own
20/100
Overcoming fears and doubts
33/100

and many more.

Hell of a week for me. =Q=