Monday, March 09, 2009

Swimming start

Piggy-backing on Yingel's strong spirit of persistence, me and Geoky headed to the pool together this evening. BTW, she lost her tummy.

It was so bloody cold and I felt chilled especially at the chest area, I went to buy some Ginger soup from the Tang Yuan stall in a nearby coffee shop first. After drinking, I felt warm enough to start.

Its so long since I've went to the pool. Think the last time was in JC. Thereafter didnt go the pool. No reason cos I cant swim well enough. It was rather empty so we started in the medium pool. Used the board for a few laps, then tried swimming on my own. My breathing method not good, after a few strokes, I had to stand. But still persisted throughout the 1hr 15min. Technically swam about 8-10 laps. Lost count after a while, though it was continuous. Swam, stood up but continued. A couple of time, I got it, can swim > 10 strokes, even to 1/3, 1/2 the lap at one shot. Mostly is about 4 strokes then stand up. Signz lots to work on. At least my sister taught me the proper leg movement and hand movement.

Going again around Thursday. Then maybe once more of Sat or Sunday if timing allows. Will endeavour to stick to this, using Yingel's 3 times routine plus her weight loss success to motivate myself to go.

At the end of it, time went past very quickly indeed. Unlike at the gym, I had to keep counting down especially on the treadmill even for a mere 10minutes. Plus didnt feel tired too. Though by the last 1-2 laps, I switched back to using the board and kicking. Swam slower and slower... Well at least its not straining on my knee nor my ankles.

Reached home with a bit of gastric though I did munch a muslie bar beforehand. Ate dinner hungrily. Cold weather, swam plus half a bowl of noodles for lunch. Hence kinda hungry.

K weight loss, here I come. I give myself 3 months to see some result? Even more toned legs are welcomed.

No comments: