Sunday, March 08, 2009

Walao, excuse me while I go sulk at the corner and drop into the depths of despair

I woke up late today cos of 2 late nighting. Playing guitar during the wee hours of Saturday. Watching cable tv in the wee hours of Sunday.

First thing I heard when I went into the kitchen was my youngest sister telling me that my other sister had lost 5kg already. She had verified that. So my sister is down to 58kg, while my youngest is 60kg, and I am 68.6kg. SIAN!

Excuse me while I went to the toilet and sunk into the depths of despair. My other sister was also despairing though jokingly. That sister did it in 2.5 months. Within that 2.5mths, I came down from about 71.5kg to my current weight but couldnt drop more despite writing a food diary. I did consciously eat proper meals and avoided snacking but compared to 3 weeks ago, neligible difference of 0.5kg.

Been spraining my ankle and other knee crackling for the past 3 weeks. Havent gone to the gym cos no point aggravating things. Then weights also put off. Signz think I will have to resort to swimming too.

So after grovelling in the dirt, my sister, me and mom went next door to the food centre where there was an official opening ceremony that invited some Getai show to come. While my mom stood there to watch, the disinterested sister and I ate hawker food brunch. Later after eating, my mom found the volume of the speakers too loud, so we went to buy more lemons at the supermarket. By the time we got home, it was before 1pm.

I was tired so watched a hour show on cable tv. Then I felt bored. Wanted to head out. Went to sister's room, they were having the same discussion of being bored, wanting to go out but very sian of going to the same places. So we threw out ideas of places to go, Vivo, JP, IMM, clementi central, east coast, orchard, sommerset, dolby ghaut etc etc. All of these places were very sian cos either frequently go there, very far away. Even remote places like Yishun, Bishan, Novena, Turf city at Kranji didnt sound appealing.

In the end, it was Tampines cos there are 3 shopping centres in the vicinity of each other. So that being decided, we headed out near 2.30pm via train. I was updating my stock in a booklet and also my food diary, the other two played with PSP. We reached there and headed to the ladies first. Then we walked around. I bought 2 non-black polo t-shirts. Ate at the Halah food court there.

There was a Fila sale but didnt see anything. Later walked past the Fila shop, and I bought another T-shirt, again not black. While walking more, we walked past this Arena outlet that sold swim wear. Remembering that I should try to swim, didnt have my own swim suit plus goggles, and there was a sale 50%, plus given my knee and ankle condition, should go for low impact stuff. At first not sure whether to buy, but went back later and decided to just do it.

Headed in, tried the swim wear (not swim suit, is the one that covered the thigh type) and tried it. Okay fit, buy, add a pair of goggles. Tada, I am ready to go try swimming anytime. I can swim the breast stroke, having passed beginner level but not confident. My sister offered to teach me cos she is still taking swimming lesson and has successfully taught the other sister to swim better. In the end, both of them also bought a swimsuit (covered thigh type too) each. Ours each are a different colour. We headed home by cab.

Tom we will all be going swimming in the evening after work. I will piggy-back on my sister's persistence to go swimming at least twice a week, about 2hrs each. Hope to have a slimmer self in a few months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, I am 1390. Want me to get any stationery for u?

I know some good brands of red pens. Cheap rm0.80=s$0.35. Nice deep red ink, gel type and wont smudge.

What about marker refills? Want more stock?