Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My first realized loss of $68.64

Yar realized my first loss courtesy of that nil right that I bought. Sold it off at a loss of $15 but after adding commission both ways, total loss is $68.64. Now I am looking at the stock prices, the price of the nil right has gone up to the price I had bought it at... so I could have sold it off at a lower loss of purely transaction cost both ways.

The main reason for selling off is that I am left with 3 more days to sell it, ie it will be delisted this Friday. Then those who are holding onto the nil right will have to subscribe for the Right share or let it lapse. I dont want to commit even more capital to what I had already committed for the Right issue I got. So I rather get back mostly the sum I paid for the nil right, about $100+ than to commit another $820 for it.

Nevermind, its a lesson learnt about the whole Right Issue thingy. Next time I am more aware. Anyway if I stay home for one day without going out to spend, should cover back this cost.
_____________________________________________

I am somewhat divided on whether to go back to workplace to clear work left, about 6-7 piles versus staying at home. The reason, I felt I have not rested enough and dont want to start the term feeling more dog-tired than before. Feeling tired and not exactly motivated to go clear work irregardless of the pile. Still contemplating which day to go back. Maybe tomorrow? maybe not at all.
_____________________________________________

Most of all, I wanna go out. Hang around. Do stuff like lan gaming, playing guitar, or guitar hero, walk around those sort of stuff but most friends are working. Also partly why I dont go out is the fact that I am logging online to monitor stock market in real time. Seriously I am not making money from the Sg market but from Msia counters instead. The bulk of earnings come from Msia counter instead. Sg are mostly in the reds, just somewhat recovering to the level that I had bought into, so it meant some are just breaking even. As my brother said 'Kettles being watched dont boil', looking at it doesnt mean it would go up soon.

Also was doing up the maths for building up of reserve, it would really take me until the end of this year to recover the amount through saving up a portion of the monthly salary. Hmm this meant that my decision to take a break would have to be pushed back though it doesnt mean that I was exactly going to quit after midyear. Its more of the consideration of things and the timeline for things. Hmm... "Payout versus Rest", "Money versus No Money", "Fixed Income versus Variable Income" and "Work verus Interest", a whole lot of consideration. Let me take one day as it comes.
_______________________________________________

Hmm got errands to run. Sinseh was saying my luck will change around June. Wont be as lucky in 4D. Prizes if tio are small prize consolation and starter. So will cut down on amount spent in that around that time period. Then he is right, that period would be to protect wealth. Yar in-line with the consideration of having to save dilligently to recover reserve level up til the end of this year.

No comments: