Monday, March 23, 2009

Need more Patience & Refrain

Well the reason for this post is not to brag but to highlight and remind myself to have more 'patience'.

On Friday I sold off 2 lots of shares, making a profit of $880 nett. It wasnt at my target price at all, in fact it was lower by 14 cents ie $140 difference per share. The reason to sell was to 'free' up trapped capital, realize the profit about 21.8% so that I could invest elsewhere with Volume effect.

Little did I know, TODAY the same share shot up to past my old target price in one day alone. If I had sold them just one day later, could earn $1190 nett. Walao, a difference of $310 in a day... Sian. The upside is that the SG stock market shot up strongly today. For some counters, they are almost hitting or hitting 'Break-even' prices, for a few, slight profit but I wont be selling them yet.

I dont intend to sell anymore unless they are in the region of my target prices... learnt my lesson liao. I've been making the same mistake about 6 times liao so far in my 6 sell orders... The good thing is I still made profit but the downside is that I could have earned more. In some cases, much more... Signz. Really need to practice 'PATIENCE' and 'REFRAIN'.

Profit hasnt hit my arbitary target of $10k/15k, though I would like to up that target to $20-25k region first as that is a more realistic target of alternative income. Now is the 'patience' and also look out for opportunities, given that I had freed up some captial so can re-invest that part.

The other lesson is the 'over-investing' part. Seriously I had missed out GREAT discounts, DAMN low share prices due to being over-invested. For some counters, the rebound within these recent 2 weeks, could nett me easily 25% - 30% returns compared to their very very low share prices just 2 weeks ago compared to now. SIGNZ...just have to continue to monitor and make better decisions. So far so good, given overall I still made gain, though not huge in region of several Ks per sell order (I wish).
_______________________________________________

Today I went swimming alone cos sister having her monthly thing so she's taking a break first. The other didnt jio to go. So I packed into my bag and just headed straight after work. It was very very tempting to just go home but I mentally reminded myself that I HAD ALREADY packed the suit, goggles and towel liao so bo bian, headed there alone. Sian, the lanes very crowded. Had to share 1/2 lane. So I swam faster, with shorter breaks between laps and chop chop finished 12 laps and left. All done in about an hour.

Then went home to eat dinner though again, very very tempted to eat outside food. But didnt want effort to go down the drain, so refrained from buying outside food and drinks. Reached home, ate dinner and drink more Honey lemon for my sore throat and plain water, tea instead.
_______________________________________________

Work sucks still. Not the pupils but the adults, the people in power, know what I mean? Performance Bonus aka PB came in and it's a welcome contribution to my Reserve Fund, which would STILL take me until end of this year to recover... I am okay with the amount given I didnt work myself to the grave or did much fanciful. In fact, I took more time to somewhat recover personal energy level severely depleted the year before. But this year, performance bonus is in jeopardy due to very strange and chaotic practices at workplace. Seriously how do you expect me to work well when many things are so chaotic? So performance suffers and also PB though, I rather use the time and earn more from trading and investing in shares.
_______________________________________________

Guitar playing is still painful for my fingers due to the Guitar dilemna. This sat I intend to bring it down to get it re-string and see if it can be adjusted. Think have to buy a clip-on tuner so I wont lose it. Also a small treat to myself. If seriously cannot, then I have to decide on a new guitar? Signz.

At this point in my life, I am rather satisfied with myself, outside of work. Feel much empowered by taking on courses, learning stuff and even exercising regularly now. If only work is in the same league, then life'll be perfect but then again, is there such as thing as PEFECT? If so, I dont mind a handsome and well-to-do boyfriend too :P

No comments: