Thursday, March 19, 2009

Swimming Saru

Tab had been teasing me about my swimming since she read about it in my blog. Calling it my 'Drowning Saru' style based on the description of how things are like in my first 2 forays into breast stroke.

The matter of fact was that I had gone for swimming lesson only late into upper primary and passed Beginner level. Only learnt breast stroke. So that's all for swimming lessons up until now.

Today I am proud to say, I mastered swimming an entire lap at one go without stopping, with breathing and blowing bubbles. Though the first lap, I managed at first 1/3 lap without stopping then the 2nd lap I could do 1/2 lap at one go. By the 3rd lap, I surprised myself by swimming non-stop for 1 lap! Thereafter, I could swim a lap at one go. In fact challenged myself and swam a total of 16 laps. Still feeling energetic enough. The only thing is that I stop to catch my breath after a lap and then continue swimming. Found my stamina has improved cos previously 12 laps by then quite tired liao. One more for the week, most likely Saturday evening to make it twice weekly.

Thereafter when work resumes, I would try to put it either Monday and Thursday or Thursday and Saturday, evening swim. An hour plus to cover minimum of 12 laps. It would coincide with 2 sessions that my sister, Yingel goes. She goes 3 times and I try to piggy back on her determination to push myself to go dilligently too. With this, then dont have to worry about knee or ankle injury/stress on them. Also it would match the 2-3 times of exercise per week. The duration is long enough.

Of course continue with eating proper meals, reduce sweet drinks and dessert eating. If taking sweet drinks, no dessert to add on calories. If eat dessert, then no extra sweet drinks. Something like that to balance out the intake of calories.

Hopefully I would see even more results soon. I did notice that my tummy was a bit flatter from the usual flab and that's what caused me to suspect I had lost some weight. Lemme monitor it and shed more so I'll have no tummy left. That itself is a motivation.

No comments: